Sign in to follow this  
Serge

Soft Mute Problem

G'day Bryan,I can't seem to get the soft mute to function. I have assigned it via the Config Manager however it doesn't work. When I hold down the button the "M" symbol doesn't appear in the main display and the FO still recognizes commands. I have tried assigning button 1 on my yoke and also tried various keyboard keys with no luck. I had a look at the file "FS2CrewInputMapper.CFG" found here:...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FS2Crew2010\Versions\Jetstreamand it has the entry: FS2_Main=JoystickButton1So the Config Manager saves the command but it won't function in the Sim. Any thoughts?Can anyone else confirm that their soft mute functions?Thanks,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

G'day Bryan,I can't seem to get the soft mute to function. I have assigned it via the Config Manager however it doesn't work. When I hold down the button the "M" symbol doesn't appear in the main display and the FO still recognizes commands. I have tried assigning button 1 on my yoke and also tried various keyboard keys with no luck. I had a look at the file "FS2CrewInputMapper.CFG" found here:...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FS2Crew2010\Versions\Jetstreamand it has the entry: FS2_Main=JoystickButton1So the Config Manager saves the command but it won't function in the Sim. Any thoughts?Can anyone else confirm that their soft mute functions?Thanks,Serge
Hello Serge,Could be your yoke. FS2Crew sometimes has trouble with the more 'exotic' joysticks. I know my Saitek Aviator works fine, but it's more mainstream.Also try re-installing the latest version of DirectX from MS.That could be it, too, but I doubt it.Try this work-around:Assign mute to the LEFT CTRL button via the FS2Crew J41 Config Manager.Using the registered FSUIPC, assign your joystick button to the LEFT CTRL Button.Problem solved.Cheers,

I don't think my yoke would be classified as 'exotic' as it's just the standard CH yoke. Never had any problems assigning commands to it from any other software. Also I have tried mapping a keyboard key instead (such as Left SHIFT or TAB) but it still doesn't work.Is the "M" symbol supposed to appear in the main display when soft muting or only when hard muting?Cheers,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

I don't think my yoke would be classified as 'exotic' as it's just the standard CH yoke. Never had any problems assigning commands to it from any other software. Also I have tried mapping a keyboard key instead (such as Left SHIFT or TAB) but it still doesn't work.Is the "M" symbol supposed to appear in the main display when soft muting or only when hard muting?Cheers,Serge
Hi Serge,I just did a test.My mute button is assigned to LCONTROL via the FS2Crew Jetstream Config Manager.When I hold down the LEFT CTRL button, the "M" icon displays on the Main Panel.When I release the LEFT CTRL button, the "M" extinguishes.Try re-installing DirectX from the Microsoft website. Maybe that might clear it up.Cheers,