Sign in to follow this  
Wildblue

Starting FSX hobby again after 2 years

Hi,I was hoping someone here can get me up to date with a couple of questions i have.I'm especially having a hard time in the addon and addon-updates jungle.Of course i can gather all answers on all different forums but that sure will take me a lot of reading while perhaps someone can very simple answer some or all of my questions.I'm planning to go by the Nick document for a solid configuration.But first my questions. I have and want to install the following products:1. UTX 2. REX3. FsGenesis4. GEX5. Hifi ASX6. Ultimate TrafficQuestions:1. Is there a preferred order to install all those products?2. In general: Have the latest patches for UTX, REX and GEX all previous patches and updates included or do i have to go from patch 1 to 2 etc.?3. I have the first REX product, is REX 2 free for me?4. Is the latest Hifi product free if i have ASX?5. I also have FEX, is this still useable or is this sort of replaced by REX?6. In general: What do the majority of the inside crowd use nowadays, in other words; do i miss products in my list that you guys use and that i have to buy? (Beside planes, i only fly PMDG)Thanks for any answers.Greetings Eric

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

2. In general: Have the latest patches for UTX, REX and GEX all previous patches and updates included or do i have to go from patch 1 to 2 etc.?
I believe all three have additional patches which haven't been rolled up in the main one yet.
3. I have the first REX product, is REX 2 free for me?
Check the REX forum.
5. I also have FEX, is this still useable or is this sort of replaced by REX?
Personal preference.
6. In general: What do the majority of the inside crowd use nowadays, in other words; do i miss products in my list that you guys use and that i have to buy? (Beside planes, i only fly PMDG)
Additional Landclass may be desirable, at least to supplement UTX in the rural areas.

Thanks for your reply. What kind of landclass do people use most?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Thanks for your reply. What kind of landclass do people use most?
SceneryTech and UTX has some of it's own landclass. It has always baffled me as to HOW the layers get merged. And what is with these 8 sided trees that look pretty stupid up close. You can only see one screen at a time so why can't we have fluffy trees?I suppose that it could be done with mipmaps.Cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

And also Xclass (for rural). I just have UTX with Scenery tech for rural, but some people have Xclass as well.