Sign in to follow this  

I think I have been fooled big time !!?

Hi,Well, so I thought I should purchase the SSW A310 package, since they have started to release patches.However, After I got my Order Receipt by E-mail, I tried to go to SSW

Staffan

You'll need to wait until they process your order and put your email address in their database. Took over a day for them to enter mine, and that was after I emailed them asking why it was taking so long.Chris

Guest Max Cowgill

Staffan, how long did you wait between the time you got your order receipt and the time you tried to access their "registered user" page? Sometimes it can take awhile for all of their servers and software to have the same information so if you tried to access this page immediately after sending them your information, give it a little while longer. Also, have you tried contacting them directly via e-mail or telephone? You might get a better response by talking to them directly than posting about it on a forum they have nothing to do with...-Max Cowgill

Hi,I tried after an hour or so. But I don

Staffan

Guest Edam

>Guess they have to learn what customer support is over there>in the east. ;-)And you may have to learn what patience is, before claiming that you were "fooled, big time" by SSW, or anyone else, on a public forum. You will get what you paid for. Sometimes these things take time to get sorted.

O boy, here we go again.......Guess you never worked with customer support...or even know what the word means. :-rollWhere I come from, we are tought early in life that the customers are the most important there is in a business environment.But I see a clear trend here.....and I am not alone......And if you don

Staffan

Guest mikehaska

I have to side with Staffan on this one. Integration of a webstore with a customer database is difficult and requires some heavy scripting, but it is completely imperative for a company to utilize. This notion that "you have to wait 24 hours to a week" to get added to the customer database is wholley unacceptable. If you cannot integrate your webstore with your customer database, like every other reputable retailer on the web, you have no business taking someone's money. At the very, very least you need to ensure that the wait is less than a few hours and that the customer is 100% aware of the delay that will occur.Although, I haven't heard anything nice being said about SSW, so I would steer clear in general! :-)

Guest Edam

>O boy, here we go again.......Yes, here we go again with complainers who don't have the patience to wait for web based things to be resolved instantly. If it takes a day, or so, then they are being fooled.>Guess you never worked with customer support...or even know>what the word means. Yes, I have worked with customer support AND I know what the word means. What's your point, other than being a brat?>Where I come from, we are tought early in life that the>customers are the most important there is in a business>environment.Good for you. Are you also "tought" that sometimes there are glitches that can occur when dealing with companies over the web, especially on a weekend?>But I see a clear trend here.....and I am not alone......What would that trend be, in your opinion?>And if you don

I agree with you Staffan...We've grown to be apologists for some pretty substandard support practices here, saying "it's only just the web." I also have been involved in customer support--the one constant in my career which predates my shift to IT support in the late 80's. Prior to that, I managed customer support in the retail and hospitality industry. There is no way I could have said to a customer twenty years ago "OK--you've paid me and I've charged your card--you'll get your product as soon as I can get around to it". That isn't just fooling the customer big time, it's BS'ing the customer big time.Sorry to say, we have some excellent artists selling add-ons to our hobby, but many have zero business sense. And they rely on a mob mentality in the forums to put down people who complain about it--I've seen it in these forums all too much. Edam also adds a lot of great posts to these forums--I'm sorry to see the two of you going at it. Perhaps both sides can recognize that you both have validity in your thoughts--but in this specific case, I tend to side with you and I agree that once the charge hits the card, the product should be there before you blink an eye.Flight1 can do it...Eaglesoft can do it...Dreamfleet can do it...Feelthere can do it...And there's no excuse for not doing it if the web is going to be used as a means of income in our hobby--unless some technical problem intervenes (but then again, customers don't forgive us for that, either)....-John

In this case Edam could have/ should have ignored the post. Because he is wrong. All succesfull business knows that the customer is king. We have the sheckels, they want them. Only way to get those sheckels is to please us. Plain and simple.If someone posts a legitmate complaint, it is not a moan, it is a warning. And such warnings are to the benefit of all poteintial buyers of FS wares.

Hi Staffan,well, you may have access to the user area by monday. I already got my copy three or for days after the release whas annonced... there were major problems for SSW. They misscalculated the to expect server-traffic.'till today two patches have found there way out to us customers. BUT the compatibility patch for FS9 doesnt work as it should, so I read in there forum. And just some major bugs got fixed for FS2k2, but they wrote all the big bugs would be fixed by the patch.Further more... they have programmed some to protect there software against piracy etc. But in a way it makes SSW A310 incompatible to RealityXP gauges. So, if you have any ADDON from RealityXP, you will get crashes and or blue-screen-of-death etc. when trying to load a SSW A310 airbus. And as long a SSW*.dll is within your modules folder, no aircraft equipped wit RealityXP gauges will load without a bad crash back to the desktop or even worse. - They seem to be in contact with the Team of RealityXP, but noo one knows how long it needs and takes 'till they reprogrammed there security software stuff.I dont like to have spent about

You post this on a sunday evening. They're not robots, they aren't sitting there 24/7/365 waiting for someone to order their product.Most likely there's noone in the office and you'll get your download tomorrow morning their time.

Hi John,>We've grown to be apologists for some pretty substandard support practices here, saying "it's only just the web." I also have been involved in customer support--the one constant in my career which predates my shift to IT support in the late 80's. Prior to that, I managed customer support in the retail and hospitality industry. There is no way I could have said to a customer twenty years ago "OK--you've paid me and I've charged your card--you'll get your product as soon as I can get around to it". That isn't just fooling the customer big time, it's BS'ing the customer big time.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg