Sign in to follow this  

if not FS2004, then what?

Hmm well i guess i dont fall in the 3% bracket at all. Quite far from it. I dont do payware with the exception of Fsnavigator and while i do fly the heavies and highly value realism id rather stick with payware quality freeware (kinda far and few but it does exist)and the realisim in fs is looking to be somewhat a subjective discourse nowadays with everyone having a diff opinion. Also, i dont know about you but if i paid for the use of software id like to have my own copy to use whenever i please and not have the inconvenience of having to connect to someon elses server to get to use it. sounds a bit too drastic to me. I avoid sofware designed like that.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

thanks for the advice, that's my opinion as well, stick with FS2002 and PIC until more FMC capable airliners are developed for FS2004, I personally couldn't imagine flying a heavy plane around the globe without an FMC, it just wouldn't be as fun for me.

"thanks for the advice, that's my opinion as well, stick withFS2002 and PIC until more FMC capable airliners are developedfor FS2004, I personally couldn't imagine flying a heavy planearound the globe without an FMC, it just wouldn't be as funfor me."I can't imagine flying a heavy with an FMC fun in the first place, LOLBut to each his own! I fly GA and helicopters and usually VFR or IMC if it dictates. I think FS9 is a VFR dream. I feel there are some very complicated and realistic setups for FS out there, any more and you might as well fly for real.i for one am happy with the complexity of FS9, can't wait to see what the future holds.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest cw1011

I go through cycles. Right now I'm having a lot of fun flying the old DC-3 that came with the sim. There are other times I like having the FMC so I can focus on controlling the aircraft and trying to make it do what I want it. I don't fly with AP a lot = I get bored. So, when I am flying PIC, I tend to hand fly it to altitude as well as the complete descent and approach. I also enjoy the challenge of flying a 60's era jetliner like the IK DC-9 on high altitude airways with nothing more than a watch, charts, two VOR radios and one NBD. That for me is a real sense of accomplishment.Best, Colin

Guest pagotan

Hi,I think you guys made my point!. There is a need for an alternative to MSFS. Flight decks which run as a stand alone applications but can be connected to FS2004 to enhance some features such as outside views. In the way PS1.3 of Aerowinx can be connected to FS. I think we are a sufficient number of flight simmers who are willing to spend the money to get real good flight decks. When I see some extremely talented developers going out of the sim business because the ratio time spent/earnings is not adequate I only want to say: don't go away! even if we are small in number we can pay more than we pay for average addons for something which meets high standards. Michael

Good point. I think we would be much more willing to fly the default heavies if they had an accurate FMC. I have been flying the DF 734 and loved the accuracy of the FMC. Although the new Garmin GPS is a great improvement over the FS02 GPS, I think the next big improvement MS should work on developing is a good FMC for the default heavies.

I agree, the addition of a FMC on the MSFT default heavy aircraft would be a great improvement, that's how the real planes do it, so let's get as real as it gets..

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,morpheus, I agree with JimmyG, let the world know what you want by supporting the developers who make the products you want. FS2004(FS9) is a really nice evolution of the MSFS series. I think it has a few bugs that it would be nice of MS to fix, but I doubt we'll see a patch. Nevertheless, it's worth it.A great product that has been patched and work is continuing on it to(hopefully) bring it to perfection, is the PMDG 737TNG. The first patch fixed a LOT of the things wrong with it, from my understanding. I never flew the unpatched version. The support by the developers for it is very close to top notch. I think you want this baby and just don't know it yet, lol. I'm a little surprised I haven't seen you askl about this aircraft since a few people mentioned it, but maybe I missed something. Anyway, I don't know my way around the FMC yet really. I'm working on it. But from all the people who use it, they say the work on it shows it will be the PIC767 in terms of quality and functionality for FS2004 when everything is ironed out. And like I said, the recent patch already fixed a lot of problems. The aircraft is quite complex. There are no 'dummy' switches or knobs. Starting it from a cold and dark is complicated, but very rewarding. The sounds are excellent. As for frame rates, I don't have any problem with it, but I do have a fairly high end system. My understanding is if you're used to the PIC767 you will pretty much be right at home with this aircraft's FMC. May I suggest you poke around in their forum and read some posts, and/or maybe ask some questions? I think that'd give you a good idea if it's what you are looking for, and therefore ready to move on up to FS2004. Whatever you do, best of luck and have fun. :)Sincerely,One Tin SoldierP.S. In case you didn't know, their forum is here...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136Check out my screenshots of it if you want to here...http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=10259http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=10260

you know I've seen that plane before and thought it looked interesting, I didn't know it was compatible with 2004. I guess I'll buy both and try it out, thanks for the suggestion.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Cool beans morpheous. I don't think you'll regret it. I highly recommend visiting the PMDG forum. There's an incredible amount of information and conversation going on there. A lot of stuff way over my head at this point, but maybe not yours. :-lol Let me know what you think of FS2004 and the 737TNG if you are going ahead and getting them! I hope you end up really liking them.Take Care,One Tin Soldier