Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

FSX 737 Fuel Switches?

I have found when using the default 737-800 2D and VC panel in other 737s (e.g. from POSKY), that although the panels will display fine and for the most part work, there is one thing which puzzles me - it is not possible to turn on the fuel switches either in the 2D or VC. Does anyone know whether there is a fix for this?Regards,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I think the same is true of all the default jets. If I remember correctly, ctrl-shift-F1 and ctrl-shift-F4 are the keys to turn the fuel off and on respectively and there's no equivalent control in the VC.FWIW there are a whole bunch of other VC limitations/bugs too:-Default CRJ700 - the MFD displays are corrupted when the power is offDefault Airbus - you can't scroll through the pages on the lower MFDDefault 737 - you can't set autobrakes from the VC, only the 2D panelDefault Baron - you can't set prop heat from the VC, the switch toggles but it doesn't activate the systemWith regards to the first two you can get a fix for those from simviation. If there are others I'd love to know!HTHDave

Dave,Thanks for the advice. I guess that Ctrl-E also woks to start the engines and itself would turn on fuel etc. even if the switches themselves don't move.Shame, but seems odd, especially with regard to the 2D panel, since itself I would presume is not related to the model. Anyone any other thoughts?Cheers again,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Ctrl-E will bring a cold dark plane to life at a single press. However I don't think all the relevent 2D or VC switches will move though, even in the default aircraft.One interesting thing I was told that is if you take the default Cessna, park up and switch everything off, you can then jump into another plane and it will likewise be all switched off. You can then use that as the basis for a "cold and dark" startup scenario. This is interesting because not many of the default jets have avionics master switches, and often they have hydraulic switches that appear to bear no relationship to the operation of the aircraft.If you look at the .FLT file generated when you save a flight, you'll see that only a handful of aircraft parameters are actually saved. So the lack of moving switches might just reflect a lack of actual parameters in FSX's modelling of these systems.HTHDave

I have found when using the default 737-800 2D and VC panel in other 737s (e.g. from POSKY), that although the panels will display fine and for the most part work, there is one thing which puzzles me - it is not possible to turn on the fuel switches either in the 2D or VC. Does anyone know whether there is a fix for this?Regards,Stuart
If you look at the Fuel section in the 737-800 aircraft.cfg and change the line electric_pump=0 to electric_pump=1 your fuel switches will function.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

One interesting thing I was told that is if you take the default Cessna, park up and switch everything off, you can then jump into another plane and it will likewise be all switched off. You can then use that as the basis for a "cold and dark" startup scenario. This is interesting because not many of the default jets have avionics master switches, and often they have hydraulic switches that appear to bear no relationship to the operation of the aircraft.
That's why it is recomended that you do not turn off the master avionics switch on the Cessna when setting it up for "Cold & DarK."

That's why it is recomended that you do not turn off the master avionics switch on the Cessna when setting it up for "Cold & DarK."
Thanks guys for the last posts. I had not thought about the Electronics parameter in the Aircraft.cfg / Avionics switch settings. I shall give that a try.Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I think the same is true of all the default jets. If I remember correctly, ctrl-shift-F1 and ctrl-shift-F4 are the keys to turn the fuel off and on respectively and there's no equivalent control in the VC.FWIW there are a whole bunch of other VC limitations/bugs too:-Default CRJ700 - the MFD displays are corrupted when the power is offDefault Airbus - you can't scroll through the pages on the lower MFDDefault 737 - you can't set autobrakes from the VC, only the 2D panelDefault Baron - you can't set prop heat from the VC, the switch toggles but it doesn't activate the systemWith regards to the first two you can get a fix for those from simviation. If there are others I'd love to know!HTHDave
The Ctrl+Shift+F1 keys are normally used for engine shut-downs while on the ground. With those buttons you will cut off all fuel supplies onto both engines. BTW, don't say Simviation, there should be some fixes on AVSIM as well, you know.

@Navius, you are replying to a 12 year-old topic. It’s doubtful you’ll get an answer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You're right! Should I create a new topic or can I move my post somewhere so that it can be read?

7 minutes ago, Navius said:

You're right! Should I create a new topic or can I move my post somewhere so that it can be read?

I can split your post into a new one. What would you like the title to be?

English only please. I’ll not show your post in Russian.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Navius said:

Sorry for post in russian, delete it pls)
The title can be Fuel control switches in 737 default

Done. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather