Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Who told me about FSRecorder?

I don't remember who it was,(I want to say Rafal) that pointed out the ability to create wingviews for any plane using FSRecorder. Well a few months later (had a motorcycle accident in the middle) I just got around to trying it out with the PSS 777. I can't believe it took me so long to try this out!!! I am an idiot and whoever it was that pointed it out to me is a genius.I can't remember who it was or which thread it was in, I just searched 15 pages of my own posts and couldn't find it but I wanted to say a huge Thank You!!!Hopefully whoever it was will remember the thread in question and jar my memory but a big thank you regardless!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I've made several posts about it but I can't take credit for telling you. Matthias is the person who deserves all the credit, FSRecorder is a wonderful tool for FS2004 and it is also a great tool in FSX!Regards,Here is the website: http://www.fs-recorder.net/John

Hi there, Paul!Maybe it was this post: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239456&hl= Or maybe another.Maybe it was me or maybe someone else.But whoever he was, he was damn right! Big%20Grin.gifThanks to FSR I can enjoy passed landcapes and wingvview approaches on LH Maddog (brilliant!) or PMDG heavies.I even assigned two switches on my CH yoke for direct access to the views.The only disadvantage is the engine noise (it's actually a spot view).

Hey Rafal! That might have been the one LOL!!Regardless, I can't believe I left this out of my FS repertoire for sooo long! Been flying the PSS 777 for years and yesterdays flight was the first time I had a wingview!!! I haven't even played around with the recording capabilities yet but the additional camera views alone make this one of the best ad-ons I have come across to date. This would be right up towards the top of FS9's top downloads in my book...Thanks again for the heads up, it is amazing what you can pick up in these forums!!!Cheers, off to get my MRI and find out if my ankle is back in joint and then home in time for the world cup, what a day!!!Let's go team USA ;)-P

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hey Rafal! That might have been the one LOL!!Regardless, I can't believe I left this out of my FS repertoire for sooo long! Been flying the PSS 777 for years and yesterdays flight was the first time I had a wingview!!! I haven't even played around with the recording capabilities yet but the additional camera views alone make this one of the best ad-ons I have come across to date. This would be right up towards the top of FS9's top downloads in my book...Thanks again for the heads up, it is amazing what you can pick up in these forums!!!Cheers, off to get my MRI and find out if my ankle is back in joint and then home in time for the world cup, what a day!!!Let's go team USA ;)-P
Well the views are supposed to be secondary to it's recording capabilities so you are in for a treat!

I don't remember who it was,(I want to say Rafal) that pointed out the ability to create wingviews for any plane using FSRecorder. Well a few months later (had a motorcycle accident in the middle) I just got around to trying it out with the PSS 777. I can't believe it took me so long to try this out!!! I am an idiot and whoever it was that pointed it out to me is a genius.I can't remember who it was or which thread it was in, I just searched 15 pages of my own posts and couldn't find it but I wanted to say a huge Thank You!!!Hopefully whoever it was will remember the thread in question and jar my memory but a big thank you regardless!-Paul
Could this be the dude?http://forum.qwsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&a...recorder#p12510If so you are most welcome indeed Paul - FSRecorder is hands down one of THE best pieces of freeware ever - all kudos to Matthias :(

Regards,

Mark

Could this be the dude?http://forum.qwsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&a...recorder#p12510If so you are most welcome indeed Paul - FSRecorder is hands down one of THE best pieces of freeware ever - all kudos to Matthias :(
YES!!! Thank you so much Mark!! I could not for the life of me remember where to find the thread but that is it :( Thank you so much again Mark, I am so glad I actually got to say thanks!-PaulEdit.. And yes, a HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to Matthias as well

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hi there, Paul!Maybe it was this post: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239456&hl= Or maybe another.Maybe it was me or maybe someone else.But whoever he was, he was damn right! Big%20Grin.gifThanks to FSR I can enjoy passed landcapes and wingvview approaches on LH Maddog (brilliant!) or PMDG heavies.I even assigned two switches on my CH yoke for direct access to the views.The only disadvantage is the engine noise (it's actually a spot view).
There is one way you can enjoy engine sounds from the perspective of the passenger using FSRecorder. You can "alias" a second set of sounds to your aircraft.cfg. You would end up with two sound folders--one using the standard sounds and one substituting internal for external sounds. When you want to reply your favorite final approach in a PMDG heavy, select your "replay" aircraft from the menu and enjoy the ride.Regards,John

Thanks for the heads up on this! Sorry I have missed this up till now. What a great addition to the world of FS9! Makes me feel like my flight simulator is brand new again!

Regards,

Joe Esposito