Sign in to follow this  
Chip1

Maui Scenery Error

Hello,I live in the town of Kihei on Maui and would like to confirm that I am not the only one that is having this strange scenery problem. The location is South Maui: N20* 46.51' W156* 29.03'.The beach breaks off from Kihei and runs across the bay to Maalaea. I am looking for tools to remove this error. Any advise would be appreciated. I probably would not care at all if this was in another location. The joke is on me because it is my front yard and the glide slope to PHOG runs over the ugly sand line. Please let me know if you see the same scenery error so I can proceed with a fix.Attached is a snap shot of the problem I am having.Aloha from Maui,Chip

Guest NoNewMessages

It is a problem with default FSX. It can be fixed using a tool like SBuilderX, where you would exclude that rogue section of coastline and then draw in a corrected version. An area of concern is that when you exclude a piece of vector scenery, such as a coastline, the exclusion can cover a larger area than what you anticipated. So the redrawing of a corrected coastline can cover more than the part crossing the bay.Also, I haven't gotten down close to the rogue coastline to check where the wave action is located, be it with the rogue or back on the actual land portion of the bay. Coastlines and waves are separate vector items, so just because there's a coastline it doesn't mean there will be wave activity. That's easy enough to fix.Questions? Feel free to ask or post in the Scenery Design forum. You'll see someone is working on converting an older version of Kahului to fit FSX. I also have a package of windmills for The Big Island and Mau'i to upload, now that the online satellite services show the proper location there on Mau'i

It is possible to exclude that and build a proper shoreline, but UTX USA will get rid of that. There is also a photo-real Maui available.scott s.Aloha from Mililani -- middle of nowhere, halfway to everywhere.

It is possible to exclude that and build a proper shoreline, but UTX USA will get rid of that. There is also a photo-real Maui available.scott s.Aloha from Mililani -- middle of nowhere, halfway to everywhere.
Aloha from burning Kihei,Thanks for the information on Maui. I have always used UTUSA on FS2004 and love how it improves the shore lines, lakes and roads. I am planning to download UTX USA soon, probably after I install the acceleration pack. I have been working with landclass scenery for FS2004 and have redone all of the Hawaiian Islands some time ago. I became tired of the misplaced towns both from Microsoft and others. I am planning to do some FSX landclass changes for Hawaii soon.I have not seen any photo-real Maui scenery. I will do a search for it in a few minutes.Aloha and thanks so much for the help!Chip

It is a problem with default FSX. It can be fixed using a tool like SBuilderX, where you would exclude that rogue section of coastline and then draw in a corrected version. An area of concern is that when you exclude a piece of vector scenery, such as a coastline, the exclusion can cover a larger area than what you anticipated. So the redrawing of a corrected coastline can cover more than the part crossing the bay.Also, I haven't gotten down close to the rogue coastline to check where the wave action is located, be it with the rogue or back on the actual land portion of the bay. Coastlines and waves are separate vector items, so just because there's a coastline it doesn't mean there will be wave activity. That's easy enough to fix.Questions? Feel free to ask or post in the Scenery Design forum. You'll see someone is working on converting an older version of Kahului to fit FSX. I also have a package of windmills for The Big Island and Mau'i to upload, now that the online satellite services show the proper location there on Mau'i
Thank You for the information! I will post any further questions on the scenery design forum. I'm just getting used to using forums. FSX has forced me out of my silence due to its complexity.The waves are breaking on the rogue coastline and none on the true coastline. I have just set up FSX after putting together a better computer and I'm adding the scenery design tools for FSX modifications. I plan to do a lot of landclass changes around the islands as I did for FS9. I will download SBuilderX in a few minutes and get to work. I have been using other tools for landclass work that are not able to remove that sort of problem. Another reply from Hawaii tells me that UTX will fix the messy coast line. I was planning to download it next. Easy way out and worth a few bucks.I look forward to your windmills and will install them when they are available. I was ready to add the Maui windmills but since you are doing the work I'll wait.Chip

Aloha from burning Kihei,Thanks for the information on Maui. I have always used UTUSA on FS2004 and love how it improves the shore lines, lakes and roads. I am planning to download UTX USA soon, probably after I install the acceleration pack. I have been working with landclass scenery for FS2004 and have redone all of the Hawaiian Islands some time ago. I became tired of the misplaced towns both from Microsoft and others. I am planning to do some FSX landclass changes for Hawaii soon.I have not seen any photo-real Maui scenery. I will do a search for it in a few minutes.Aloha and thanks so much for the help!Chip
There is the Newport scenery wich is photoreal..RV