Sign in to follow this  
audiohavoc

Turbine Sound Studios and downloaded liveries

I purchased all of the TSS sound sets for the 767, and they work correctly with all of the stock Level D liveries, but they do not work with any downloaded liveries. With typical livery installations, there is a section added to the aircraft.cfg file, which makes it very easy to assign sound sets to specific liveries. In the case of the Level D 767, downloaded liveries installed with the repaint manager do not show up in the aircraft.cfg, so I have not been able to get my additional liveries to utilize the TSS sounds. Does anyone have a solution for this? I would post this in the tech support area of the Flight1 Level D forums, which I am registered too, but I don't think they approve of topics regarding non Flight1/Level D products.Thanks,

I don't have the TSS sounds for my Level D 767, but I did buy them for my SimCheck A300 and my Aerosim 777. In the case of those TSS sound sets, there was a complete replacement sound folder for an A300, and a replacement sound config file for the 777 plus the new sounds. So the A300 TSS sound folder completely replaced the default one, and in the case of the 777, I just dragged the wav files into the 777's sound folder, got rid of the default wavs and used the TSS sound config file, overwriting the Aerosim one.In both cases, they were in the same place as the original files, with the original wav files no longer there and with a changed config file which pointed to the new sounds. So there is no way old sounds could be used, because a, they weren't there, and b, the sound config file pointed to my new sounds. So it seems to me that if you create a set up where you have only your TSS sounds available to the Level D 767, and they are in a folder which is located in the same place as the original one with a sound config file that points to those new sounds, then the Level D 767 would have to use those files.From what you say, it seems as though there is some kind of aliasing link going on for the repaints, but if you only have new TSS sounds in the sound folder and the replacement TSS sound config file there instead of the Level D one, then they would certainly use the TSS sounds. I've just looked at my Level D 767's sound folder, and there is nothing fancy going on there, just some wavs and a sound config file, so if I swapped them out for others, it would have to work.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Shane check your cfg file again, go towards the bottom of the cfg file, the install manager likes to put them at the end of the cfg file.

Shane check your cfg file again, go towards the bottom of the cfg file, the install manager likes to put them at the end of the cfg file.
That was it, thank you for the help. I am so used to repaints being at the top of the aircraft.cfg file that I didn't scroll all the way down.

I purchased all of the TSS sound sets for the 767, and they work correctly with all of the stock Level D liveries, but they do not work with any downloaded liveries. With typical livery installations, there is a section added to the aircraft.cfg file, which makes it very easy to assign sound sets to specific liveries. In the case of the Level D 767, downloaded liveries installed with the repaint manager do not show up in the aircraft.cfg, so I have not been able to get my additional liveries to utilize the TSS sounds. Does anyone have a solution for this? I would post this in the tech support area of the Flight1 Level D forums, which I am registered too, but I don't think they approve of topics regarding non Flight1/Level D products.Thanks,
Deletedbeat me to it :(

Flight1 software have announced the imminent release of the new Audio Environment package developed by the guys at Turbine Sound Studios. UPDATE December 18: This software package is now available for download.Audio Environment is designed to replace the sound sets for the five main FSX default airliners introducing a richer more emersive sound to your flight sim experience. A key feature of the package is a complete replacement of AI traffic sounds and can be used with many addon traffic packages. Third party aircraft that alias the default sounds will also utilize the audio environment all of which can be controlled by a configuration manager that gives you the option to backup and restore your current sounds.The Audio Enviroment package is expected to be released by the weekend starting 18th December.For more details visit www.flight1.com

I have  bought TSS  PW  engine  sonud for the  Level-D 300 767 -300ER  .  My question is : does it work for the RR and GE engines as well or I do have o buy RR and GE engine sounds too?? Secondly, as regards to dowloaded liveries , how do I install TTS on them ? And how do I know which engine  the liverie uses??

Can anybody help me? I am very fond of the 767 Level-D.