Sign in to follow this  
Manny

FLt Sim 2004 Not rendering the Sceneries properly - HELP

The Scenaries are not coming out properly... I get flashing white sheets of empty sections in some of the scenery...and when I move (the aircraft) .. its filled in properly..but does the same elsewhere... some times it just flashes like a sheet of water .... like its taking time to fill in these sections of the graphics.I am running on Windows 2000 Pro, Its 2 Giga Dell with 512 Ram and 80 Gig HD...I tried setting low graphics setting.. and various Resolutions..but it does the same thing with all the settings.:(Anyone know..what else I can adjust?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

BTW.. The same thing is happening on my Laptop too.. Its a Compaq..and its also runing Wind 2000 Pro.So It can't be the graphics card... I guess.

Manny

If you have 128M of video RAM you can set TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400under DISPLAY in fs99.cfgnot 100% perfect but a lot better

Guest PaulL01

Sounds like you do not have a lot of video card memory, what card how much?You will get what you the texture re-loading with less than 128mb Vram, even with a lot of 3rd party extras 128mb will not be enough.FS=HUNGRY! FEEEEEDDD MEEEEEEE!!! :)

Peppy,thanks.. That did imporve a lot... But the problem has not vanished completely..Thanks again.Paul,I have no clue..about the hardware configuration (Looking at feet in shame)...:)

Manny

What video memory card can I get? I would like to soup up this baby...:)

Manny

Guest cw1011

This is a matter of horsepower - not a flaw in the software. The machine can't keep up with the settings you've made in the display and hardware windows. I'm running a 2.6 gig P4 with a Radeon 9700 Pro 128, settings medium to high, except for clouds and mesh (I have FS Genesis Mesh) and I get this as well. The only solution is next year's 4 gig processor from Intel. Colin

Guest kurtj

Can you show us a screenshot? I had some trouble with some scenery flashing and blue blocks before I installed the 44.03 detonators for the Geforce 3 ti-500. It would also give me the Windows Stop Screen sometimes as well with the NV4_disp. It would happen intermitantly mostly with the haze and clouds, when I panned around the aircraft. After I installed the new drivers, so far so good.

Here is the screen shot Kurt.http://peoplesforum.com/cgi-bin/forum?233@...osure=.5c82b8e9Peppys' suggestion helped a lot.. It has reduced considerably... but Its not completely gone..the picture I have attached here is after Peppys' suggestion...TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400under DISPLAY in fs99.cfgPS: If you can view it on the above link...click on the link below.

Manny