Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Hey Chris Willis... Please Read.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I downloaded your update to FS2k4 in a desperate attempt to get my FPS to look better... And they're still miserable to say the least. I lock at 25, but I can never get over 18. Even though 18FPS is enough for me to run smoothly, the moment a cloud comes into the picture I get kicked back to 3FPS or lower. Now, according to you the clouds do not hit FPS... Yet you released a cloud fix (for the non-existent FPS hit). And even with it my frames are miserable. I've tried every tweak and modification to the CFG, still no luck. What can I do? My spec is a good one, and if I can't get to run FS2k4 smoothly in it, I give up.My system:P4 2.43GHz 1GB RAMGeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB (running 44.03 from the NVidia site)MAXTOR 74.3GB HD, 70GB freeEDIT: Running Windows XP Home.I reformatted before 2k4, so this is about the peak of my performance. Therefore, I am pretty dissapointed in those who said it ran well... But that's another story.Any suggestions to improve my FPS?Best regards,Daniel Pimentel.

Are you running many background processes? I have a poor 1GHz and it runs very good for me (except in heavy AI zones). I have not tried the cloudfix yet, but I am going to add that tonight along with the autogen fixes to help get even more FPS.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I run EndItAll before running FS, so only essential processes are left open. It's an FS issue, I can run Mafia (for those of you who know, it's a HUGE game) at 75FPS pegged... Thanks for trying though. I did try the autogen fixes, frames are still low, I didn't see any improvement. The PEAK is 18FPS (even with 25FPS being the lock)Daniel.

Hi Daniel, Try to run 45.23 driver.Be sure you don`t have more then 2x AA or disabled and only set the clouds draw distant to 40 mil.I use the latest direct X, 45.23 drivers, defraged hard disk before fs2004 was installed. AGB Aperture disabled in bios and-I have Windows XP PRO, latest direct X. I had installed fs2004 on a new system with a defrag before it was installed. - Anasotropy and tweaker can degrade performance also.- Use the mip map slider to 4 in Fs2004-Use Ms setting ultra high, clouds draw distant to 40mil and clouds percentage to 90 or 100% don't touch others slider. -Reduce your resolution in fs2004 try 1024x768 32 bits and change them slowly and check the performance.. -In your fs9.cfg, under your display graphics cards: (DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X.0) Mode=1024x768x32 TriLinear=1 TextureAGP=0 <------------------------- Add this line PanelAsTexture=0 <------------------------- Add this line -Be sure you don't have any program running on the background, use disable all useless programs. -Program like antis virus or firewall will drop the performance also, disabled. Other tweak to made http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=132492&page=3 -FSUIPC Setting for performance My System, Intel P4 2.53 GHZ 533, ASUS P4P800 8x 533, Gforce4TI 4200 8x 128 MB, 512 Ram, Windows Xp PRO EditionDefault Fs2004 Clouds, not mine.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/29843.jpgThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Chris:Tried all of the above before posting here. I'd need to have my sliders below 50% to get good frames. Not acceptable. This sim is a real letdown so far. Any other tips?Cheers,Daniel.

Hi, My setting in fs2004 is all full except shadows, mesh at 85 3rd party, and I use the Ms ultra high setting, clouds mile is at 40 and clouds percentage is at 100%. 1024x768 32 bitsTry to disable the water affect to none, you will have gain near 6 fps and you will have the water color from fs2002.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Chris:Tried it before posting. Also, it sounds impossible that with a spec so similar to mine you can run it so much better. EDIT: Just to explain further: My problem is not that my FPS are low, I peak at 45-50FPS without any lock... Problem is the FPS drops to death (To death I mean about 70% drops) using clouds (which according to you shouldn't happen)CheersDaniel.

Hi, I really don`t know, Maybe the Windows Xp home vs Pro, I have seen one comment on a particular place, with cfs3 switching from home to pro there was a difference.I have the latest Chipset driver installed and the latest bios also.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest PaulL01

Daniel,You can get back a lot of performance by cutting your Mesh detail back a bit 87-93% is good balance, also make sure you do not use the high 8xAF (ansiotropic filtering) in your display drivers settings cut yer AI trafic down a tad as well, if you still need further power cut the scenery terrain shadows.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Paul:Thanks for the suggestions, but again, my problem is the CLOUDS, in a clear day I get 18-22FPS, which is fine.Cheers,Daniel.

Guest Scoobe

Daniel,Try shutting down anything you have running in the backround. A program like "enditall" may help. Then try flight simulator and see if you still have the same problem.Rob

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hmmm... I'll do that and let ya know. Cheers,Daniel.

Guest PaulL01

What exact res and AA setting are you using? 2xAA QxAA 4xAA 4xSAA etc.Your TI card is trying to AA the clouds, All of them.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I am currently running 1280, and 2x AA (with FS's default AA disabled) I tried lower resolutions with only 2 more FPS, which is not worth the loss of quality.CheersDaniel.