Sign in to follow this  
Ken Pryor

Propeller Control won't go Full forward

The propeller control on the 2002 and 2004 instrument panels (C-182 in this case) does not move full forward when the Flight Sim Yoke lever is moved full forward. The other controls throttle and mixture work properly.How do I get the control to move full in? Keyboard keys Ctrl/F4 works properly and moves the propeller control to the full in position. However as soon as I move the Flight Sim prop control lever the control on the instrument panel pops out to an intermediate position. I noticed this discrpency when the C-182 would not climb and I assume it is due to the propeller not being in the climb position. The Mooney exhibits the same problem.I have FSUIPC but cannot figure out how I can use it to fix the problem. Likewise I have calibrated the yoke using the CH Control manager v2.10.Can anyone help.Thanks Russ

I'm having the same problem. I e-mailed CH tech support about it. They didn't have any immediate answers, but said they would load up a copy of FS9 and see if they can duplicate the problem. I am supposed to contact them sometime this week to see if they have a solution.KP

Open your fs9.cfg file and make sure the axis throttle_throttle_set event axis scale is set to 127. Its under the joystick main secion.should fix the problem.ALl three levers:AXIS_EVENT_02=AXIS_THROTTLE_SETAXIS_SCALE_02=127AXIS_NULL_02=1AXIS_EVENT_04=AXIS_MIXTURE_SETAXIS_SCALE_04=127AXIS_NULL_04=1AXIS_EVENT_05=AXIS_PROPELLER_SETAXIS_SCALE_05=127 <------------------------------Bill

Bill,Thanks for the suggestion but it made no change. I set all the numbers to those in your file but that made no change either. Still looking.I appreciate your effort.Russ

Guest product

I have the same problem, using the FLight Sim Yoke. Mixture lever seems to work fine, as does throttle, but not Prop.Please keep us updated if you hear back from CH Products.Best,Joel

Head to Controls/SensitivitiesOn Flight Sim Yoke Setting - Match Propeller Axis to Throttle and Mixture - Meaning Sensitivity to full right, and Null zone to full left.That will do it. See attachment for setting pic.Regards All,Axe

Axe,Thanks, you got it .OptionsControlsSensitivitiesJoystickJoystickCHFlight Sim Yoke USBAdvancedScroll to Propeller axis and set Sensitivity to full rightI can go on now. Thanks again.Russ

Guest eschaufler

>OptionsControlsSensitivitiesJoystickJoystickCHFlight Sim>Yoke USBAdvanced>>Scroll to Propeller axis and set Sensitivity to full rightNow I feel like the villiage idiot. Bought the yoke and pedals at the AVSIM conference and was having a hair tearing time with the prop control. Only took reading about 100 posts to find this solution. Seems obvious once you know about it :-newburn