Sign in to follow this  
KLMMD11

Aircraft swaying from side to side

hi guyswhen cruising the 747 is constantly swaying from side to side. any way to fix thischeers

Try clearing weather, if that fixes it get a registered copy of FSUIPC and use the weather smoothing options. FS9 or FSX?

Dan Downs KCRP

Please download and run the FSX/FS9 registry correction tool and see if that corrects the problem.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

hi had this prob as well plus also wind changes direction and wind speed changes erractly soon as i got the reg version of fsuip4 all my problems went away no more wind chnage directions/ no more wind speed so yea now can fly normally without the wind and weather effecting me at last.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello,I am quite new in 747 simulation. Because of that I made a thorough search in the forum when I first hit this problem, and found that many of us are complaining about this strange behaviour, and only remedy is to tweak the weather by FSUIPC. Indeed after installing FSUIPC registered copy and supressing the weather changes as advised I partially solved the problem. However I noticed another dimension which I haven't seen in the forum, of the same problem. I noticed that if the crosswind exceeds 80 knots (steady in terms of speed and direction) the problem still occurs. The plane starts to make excessive banks to either side and never comes to a wings leveled situation therefore flies on an S pattern instead of keeping the track. Worse than this, if the windspeed exceeds 90 knots it makes 180 degree or more heading changes like a cat trying to catch its own tail. At the same time it also exceeds the banking limit as known already and becomes totally unstable. While trying different ways to recover, I found that the quickest and safest method is to:1. Select HDG HOLD mode to come to wing level situation whatever the heading it is.2. Set the bank limit to 5 - 15 degrees.3. Switch to HDG SEL mode and take the plane on the track by commanding slow heading changes 4. Keep the plane on the track by the help of HDG SEL knob until the wind slows ie. make a semi-automated flight.The interesting point and question here is Why LNAV cannot cope with high crosswinds while HDG HOLD and HDG SEL can?I appreciate any comments.Suavi AKAR

Hello,I am quite new in 747 simulation. Because of that I made a thorough search in the forum when I first hit this problem, and found that many of us are complaining about this strange behaviour, and only remedy is to tweak the weather by FSUIPC. Indeed after installing FSUIPC registered copy and supressing the weather changes as advised I partially solved the problem. However I noticed another dimension which I haven't seen in the forum, of the same problem. I noticed that if the crosswind exceeds 80 knots (steady in terms of speed and direction) the problem still occurs. The plane starts to make excessive banks to either side and never comes to a wings leveled situation therefore flies on an S pattern instead of keeping the track. Worse than this, if the windspeed exceeds 90 knots it makes 180 degree or more heading changes like a cat trying to catch its own tail. At the same time it also exceeds the banking limit as known already and becomes totally unstable. While trying different ways to recover, I found that the quickest and safest method is to:1. Select HDG HOLD mode to come to wing level situation whatever the heading it is.2. Set the bank limit to 5 - 15 degrees.3. Switch to HDG SEL mode and take the plane on the track by commanding slow heading changes 4. Keep the plane on the track by the help of HDG SEL knob until the wind slows ie. make a semi-automated flight.The interesting point and question here is Why LNAV cannot cope with high crosswinds while HDG HOLD and HDG SEL can?I appreciate any comments.Suavi AKAR
I am expericing this exact problem today. I havent flown the 747 in a long time and im now on a new rig and what not but this plane has been doing 180 degree turns and cannot maintain a heading or follow LNAV at all! I do not have this issue with any other plane models I own. I ended up crashing FSX trying to solve the problem... Any permanent solution to this other than disabling winds aloft? I don't think i should have to disable winds to fly a 747, it should fly through winds appropriately. I really do not want to go through the effort of planning and setting up a flight realistically to have this occur and FSX crash on me. I just wasted hours!Thanks,Chris Lezama

Chris Lezama