Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

Ultimate Traffic and MyTraffic Question.

Guest lawyerpilot

If we can't modify the gates and number of parking spaces, than isn't paying for an AI add-on going to populate the airport with random planes from all the airlines? Don't they need to update with TTools or AFCAD for 2004 before selling? I like traffic, but I like accuracy on the ground as well as in the air flightplans.P4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest lawyerpilot

BUMP>If we can't modify the gates and number of parking spaces,>than isn't paying for an AI add-on going to populate the>airport with random planes from all the airlines? Don't they>need to update with TTools or AFCAD for 2004 before selling? I>like traffic, but I like accuracy on the ground as well as in>the air flightplans.>>>>P4 2.8>1024 DDRAM>800 Bus>36 gig SATA hardrive>80 gig harddrive>ATI Radeon 9700 Pro>CH yoke/pedals>Elite Multi quadrant>19" inch monitor->Soundblaster PCI 512>Win XP>>Instrument rated ASEL -270 hours>AOPA>LawyerPilots Bar Association>>>"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and>thus will ever be."P4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest in_04

Hi,yes youre right.Currently there is no way to assign the Gates to the proper airline. Only the Transport gates are available. So you must wait until AFCAD is released to get this.But Ultimate Traffic gives free update for that, didn't know for MyTraffic but guess too.Also the flightplan of MyTraffic is no real one, the flightplan of UT is. UT announce that they will do updates on the flightplan on regular basis, after the release of the 2004 compatible version.Currently you get real traffic with UT, but the airlines wouldn't go to the rela Gates and there are less gates on the airports.ByeMarkus

Guest lawyerpilot

Markus, thank you very much. That is what I suspected. I will wait!P4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

I installed UT in FS9 yesterday and although the parking is not accurate, it still beats the default AI until correct parking is strightened out. Took me awhile to figure out how to do it reading the postings over on the UT forum but the results are worth the effort. Once a new FS9 AFCAD tool is ready, UT will be one of the best ways to get great AI traffic.Pete

Guest wathomas777

Just bought it today, I figured I could at least run it on FS2002 until the update.How did you get it to work in FS9? Quite frankly, I could give a rats patooty about whether Delta or Continental is at the proper gate. Just a bunch of real world AI at my Airports is all I'm looking for, and if it is capable of that, then I'm golden.I did see something about the traffic doing go arounds and such, and will it be able to utilize the different runways.Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply. Visit the UT forum and you'll find a post on getting UT to work in FS9. In a nut shell this is what I did.Download and install the latest TTools from the AVSIM forum file section. Install UT in FS9. You'll have to browse to your FS9 folder as the default is FS2002. You now have to go to the UT d/l site and d/l the SP1 update and manually install this. After installing, start UT in FS9. The AFCAD tool will launch. Click fix then click exit. This actually does nothing for FS9 it's just a left over from the FS2002 installer. Now update the UT application using the update button and install any updates it finds that you want. I chose to install the AA liveries. Relaunch UT. When UT opens again, click the Compile button. Now as UT starts to compile, open the UT folder in FS9 and copy the Aircraft, Airports and FlightPlans files and paste into your TTools folder. Let UT finish the compile then open your TTools folder. Launch TTools and compile a new traffic bgl file. After TTools is finished you should see a successful compile message in TTools. Go to your FS9/Scenery/World/Scenery folder and look for the traffic.bgl file. Backup the exsisting traffic050328.bgl file then rename your new traffic.bgl to read traffic050328.bgl. Launch FS9. Pete

There is a couple more things to do that are outlined in the UT forum post.... like getting rid (manually... took me fifteen minute or so to do) of the overlays leftover from 2002... as 2004 does not use them. I run UT at 85 percent AI as prescribed in the post until update and it is nice to see alot of the scheduled flights in the air and around the gates. Hope this helpsSteve

Guest wathomas777

Thank you SO MUCH for your instructions. I followed them and UT works great in FS2004. (I had to remove the old FSUIPC.dll) that the program tried to install in FS2004 but other than that...Yes we are still waiting for FS2004 AFCAD's which will actually allow the planes to park in their "assigned" locations, but to me, that is more of a quibble than anything else. Also having to use TTools outside the UT program adds another step, but it really wasn't a problem.I am not a big "add-on" buyer. I have a few choice planes and repaints I download, and then I stay off the downloads. Just recently, I purchased some addon planes from Abacus for FS2002, and those were the only commercial addon's I owned, until now.Having read beautiful reviews for Ultimate Traffic, I decided to give it a look. I couldn't bring myself to use it on my 600Mhz celeron, but with my upgrade to a Athlon 2400+ XP I decided to give it a try.The installation from the wrapper is a bit kooky but it wasn't bad.However, once installed. It runs like a dream. And for those who have doubts about FS2004? It actually runs SMOOTHER than default traffic. The reason is because UT uses much lower poly planes than MS default planes, which allows more traffic.The other neat thing is that the liveries match the airport. In Seatlle, I saw the appropriate Alaska, Frontier, and Horizon Air, (with the generic Uniteds, Northwest, etc.). Moving over to Honolulu, I was treated to Hawaiian, Aloha, JAL and the like. The nice thing is that this is all nearly seamless. The installer makes it very easy.This by far is the best enhancement for FS2002 and FS2004 that I have seen.

I'm big fan of UT as well. I have not used it in FS2004 yet as I am waiting for the official update. I don't want to mess anything up myself. In FS2002, I definetly get better frame rates than with the default traffic, and that includes an increased number of planes. UT has been one of my most satisfying add-ons.Tony