Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Still waiting...

Guest Jimbofly

I'm pretty sure all those virtual pilots here in Australia can sympathise with me!The first time I heard of the release of FS2004 was around the 23rd of July in some European country. Naturally I thought the software would be released here soon. I was to be sorely dissappointed!!I reserved a copy at my local Electronics Boutique and was told it would be available on the 11th. I rock up there today only to discover that it won't be available until the 14th! Apparently that was the "street" release.I'd love to know why there is such a huge difference between the release dates around the world for this product! Is it marketing? I'm beginning to get pretty peeved off! If MS is reading this, please try to think of those like myself who've been waiting patiently for this product, I feel like I can't wait much longer.Anyway, just thought I'd rant.James

Guest JonP01

Hi James,I can sympathise. I had set this whole week aside with the sole intent of becoming acquainted with FS2004. That in itself took a lot of foresight and planning. I had been carefully checking release dates and, like you, everyone was saying today. I even got a letter from PC Aviator last Thursday morning 7th August that said words to the effect of "ring today, fly tomorrow". Of course there was the ubiquitous asterisk attached to the end of that comment that said subject to stock availability :-roll Last week I rang two Electronic Boutique stores, and both said they would definitely be selling it Monday morning. I also rang Harvey Norman at Auburn and they told me I could turn up on Monday and if they hadn't already put the game on the shelf, they would give me one from the storeroom, as Monday was the release date in any case. I even hardly slept last night, because I kept thinking of firing the sim up for the first time today.Today I rang three stores at 10.00 AM, only to be told variously, "It's coming soon", "It's not out yet" and "Some time this year". At least, however, every store knew what product I was talking about.Whilst I certainly agree that games should have a specific and firm release date (thereby giving all retailers everywhere a fair and equal bite at the retail cherry), I also agree with you in that I can't see the point of having different release dates all over the place. Especially as there was a whole month of nothingness between the sim going gold and it first appearing on the shelves. In that peiod of time, it could easily have been distributed to the whole world with a universal release date of 29/7.Anyway, yet again it seems we are the forgotten last recepients. And yes, I hope Microsoft is reading this. I wonder if they realise how ticked off obsessive enthusiasts such as oursleves are when we can't get hold of a game that everyone else on this forum has had for a couple of weeks. Anyway, now you've been told Thursday, I won't bother checking again until then. But I suspect it won't be around for until next week at the earliest, so I suggest not getting excited yet.

Guest freequest

Yep I agree with both you guys the wait in Australia is murder... But lucky for me i got a email last firday saying its been sent in the mail i should get it tomorrow or wendsday (Yippy) but still god knows why we have to be 12-14 days behind everyone else.Out

I hear ya James. I visted two EBs today in the Newcastle area to be greated with the old Con the Fruiter expression "coupla days" when asking for FS2004. Oh well, a "coupla days" will give those folks on this site more time to perfect the FS02/04 merge, which has piqued my interest as an interim measure until the majority of my FS02 addons are updated to FS04.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest aafuss

>I hear ya James. I visted two EBs today in the Newcastle area>to be greated with the old Con the Fruiter expression "coupla>days" when asking for FS2004. Oh well, a "coupla days" will>give those folks on this site more time to perfect the FS02/04>merge, which has piqued my interest as an interim measure>until the majority of my FS02 addons are updated to FS04.>>GaryI'm on the Gold Coast and a person working at the EB Pacific Fair store said they'll have it in on Thursday. Harbey Norman's catalogue says they will have it available on the 18th, and there, it is nearly $130 and Domayne will also have copies in on Thursday (both are located at Bundall)-but they have $10 off the normal price of $109-selling it from that day at $99,until 31 August-so I'll buy it from them on Saturday.

Guest JonP01

I have a Harvey Norman, Electronics Boutique and Domayne all within walking distance of home. By the sound of it, it might be worth my while sticking my head into Domayne on Thursday. I'll be really annoyed if I at least can't get it by the weekend. I'd planned to spend this entire week tweaking (and tweaking and tweaking) and getting to know the program - so that by the weekend I'd be ready for my first serious flight. I notice mail order stores are now shipping, but when only one person lives at your house, you have to be there when it comes or that advantage is gone.I also have to agree with the other poster - Electronics Boutique stores are all manned by Con The Fruiterer clones.

Guest aafuss

I'm also buying FS2004 at Domayne for $99 as advertised in the recent catalogue instead of paying $110 on Saturday. (the Bundall,Gold Coast store is left, next to Harvey Norman).Plus on Wednesday, school students get the day off (so I'll be flying in FS2002 at lot between then and Saturday). I tried a freeware DC3-flys well, but the DC-3 I tried at the Bundall Harvey Norman store's Flight Simulator 2004 isway better than the free one I downloaded.

Guest simoni

Games Warehouse also shipped today......I get my tomorrow!!!

At least when you folks in Australia finally get FS2004, you'll be enjoying better mesh terrain. Microsoft apparently upgraded the whole continent this time around. I went to Cairns and was pleasantly surprised. Scrapped all my old add-on weak Australian mesh...don't need it anymore.John

Yes it did... I got a message on my answering machine this arvo after work that it was waiting for me at the Cannington Store.I'll pick it up tomorrow.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest JonP01

>Yes it did... I got a message on my answering machine this>arvo after work that it was waiting for me at the Cannington>Store.>>I'll pick it up tomorrow.>>Cheers,>>Chris Porter>:-outta>>Perth>Western AustraliaCannington EB?