Sign in to follow this  
Guest gollum65

CTD every time I try to close FSX

Guest gollum65

Every time I try to close FSX it sits in my task bar for about 15 seconds then it crashes and gives me this error:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 6/15/2010 5:54:45 AMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: Gollum_65_PCDescription:Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61472.0, time stamp 0x475e17d3, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x04246c81, process id 0x5ec, application start time 0x01cb0c888f6390b9.Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-06-15T12:54:45.000Z" /> <EventRecordID>4682</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>Gollum_65_PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61472.0</Data> <Data>475e17d3</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> <Data>00000000</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>04246c81</Data> <Data>5ec</Data> <Data>01cb0c888f6390b9</Data> </EventData></Event>Any ideas?

Guest gollum65

Guess that's a no. :| Anyone have any idea why FSX would crash every time you try to close it? It doesn't matter if I've been flying for 5 hours or if I just open it and then close it immediately. It crashes out every time.

Guess that's a no. :| Anyone have any idea why FSX would crash every time you try to close it? It doesn't matter if I've been flying for 5 hours or if I just open it and then close it immediately. It crashes out every time.
It might help if you tell us which Operating System you are using - XP, Vista or Win 7.And if either of the latter, where you installed FSX (the path).

Guest gollum65

Sorry, didn't realize that the error didn't state it. It's Vista 32 bit and FSX is installed to it's default location (C:\Program Files...etc...)

Hello,I can't offer any advice as mine does exactly the same... I'm running Win7 and it's in the default install directory.It's not the end of the world as the flight is over - it's just slightly annoying and obviously shouldn't happen.Thanks,Mike

Sorry, didn't realize that the error didn't state it. It's Vista 32 bit and FSX is installed to it's default location (C:\Program Files...etc...)
This could possibly be a "permissions" issue in either Vista or Win 7.You likely would have been better off not to have installed it under Program files but since that is not the case, try this:Right click on the FSX.exe file and under the Compatibility tab, set it to "run as adminstrator". That is quite different that you just being logged on "as adminstrator".Let us know if that makes any difference please.

Guest firehawk44

The error 0xC0000005 is generated by an illegal "memory access violation". This can be caused by anything from faulty RAM, an incorrect/corrupt device driver, poorly written/updated software, or, less likely a software's incompatibility with data execution prevention (DEP). It would be important to know what addon aircraft or scenery you were running when you closed FSX as one of those programs may be causing the crash and not shutting down properly. In the gaming community, this is a common error after someone recently updated video card drivers. If you recently updated drivers, you might want to roll back to an earlier version or uninstall/reinstall the current drivers. Best regards,Jim