Sign in to follow this  
Guest B1900 Mech

CHRIS WILLIS YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!! CLOUD FIX WORKS!

Guest lawyerpilot

I DOWNLOADED YOUR FIX FOR FPS ON THE CLOUDS. NOT ONLY AM I GETTING 25 FPS SMOOTH EVERYWHERE WITH SLIDERS MAXED, BUT YOUR CLOUDS LOOK A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER!!!!!! THEY DO NOT HAVE EDGES, THEY ARE SMOOTH AND PUFFY LIKE REAL CLOUDS ARE! I HAVE ALL SLIDERS MAXED, AA ON, EVERYTHING ON THE CARD MAXED, THE NEW ENVIRONMENT UPGRADE (THERE IS NO NO BAND ON THE HORIZON!!!!!!), NEW OCEAN TEXTURES, THE SKY COLOR UPGRADE AVAILABLE FROM HERE, THIS THING IS AMAZING NOW--smooth 25 fps everywhere!! I FLEW IN REAL WEATHER TO PRESQUE ISLE, MAINE, FROM BOSTON, WHICH WAS MY COMMERCIAL CROSS-COUNTRY IN REAL LIFE. AND WITH YOUR CLOUDS AND THE UPGRADED SKY, OCEAN, ETC., MT. KATAHDIN , THE HIGHEST POINT ON THE EAST COAST, LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE MY PICTURES IN REAL LIFE!!!!ALSO, use the start fs9.bat option that was discussed in the forum that gives priority to fs9 when you start it up. IT BOOST FRAMERATES nicely and smooths it out!I WAS UNSURE AT FIRST about FS9, but I HAVE TO SAY IT HAS COME A LONG WAY AND I AM SATISFIED!!!!!!!!ChristopherP4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Hmmn, thanks for the review on this, even if you were a little "vague" :-lol. I think that will be my next download, even if I do have things working pretty well - always nice to get that extra little boost. Appreciate you commenting on this, and thanks to Chris for doing this too.Glenn

Guest jase439

Strangely, I did not observe a frame rate increase or decrease with this fix. The only thing I noticed is that the clouds look more washed out is all. Surprising, since the textures are about a 1/3 of the size of their originals.