Sign in to follow this  
1FLIGHTSIMFANATIC

PMDG done with FS9?

Is it true that PMDG is pulling all support for FS9 as well as no more product develoment? are they completly abandoning the FS9 pilot in general? that would be sad as more people still use and even went back to FS9.

Is it true that PMDG is pulling all support for FS9 as well as no more product develoment? are they completly abandoning the FS9 pilot in general? that would be sad as more people still use and even went back to FS9.
PMDG invests its own resources in development so it's PMDG's decision alone what platform to develop for.

PMDG invests its own resources in development so it's PMDG's decision alone what platform to develop for.
Yup, and its our decision whether to buy........... or not.....

Guest lgvpilot1

While it is true that PMDG development has gone FSX only I dont think I have read that they are pulling all support for their existing FS9 projects .I would not expect any patches or updates to FS9 Aircraft ( not that any are needed in my humble opinion )But I am sure they will continue to help if you have any issues with their FS9 aircraft .though please correct me if I am wrong with this PMDG are not the bad guys that some have made them out to be , they just made a business decision that does not sit too well with those of us that have stayed with FS9

I would have liked to see their 777 make it to FS9 as well as their new 737 NG. It's a shame. It's a matter that is out of our hands. Raul.

If you all want the new stuff, all you have to do is install FSX. :(

Maybe some one else will continue to make products for FS9 as both platforms are no longer in production, and both are good it makes no sense to go exclusivly to a less popular one.

When did they actually say that FS9 development was being discontinued? Last I read in their forum, with regard to the new 737, a decision had yet to be made on potential development of an fs9 version and would be made based on market data and fsx sales figures when the time came. Although that makes it seem highly unlikely, there is still a chance. Have PMDG announced anything to state that an fs9 737 is 100% a no go since that post?

I think they said that they are going to make a decision about FS9 when they are in the beta testing stage of the 737 NGX. Until then we are in the dark.Raul.

I seem to think that with the Ifly 737NG on the horizon for fs9 that PMDG will definetly not be releasing their 737 for fs9, But that is just my opinion.I think PMDG and fs9 are a thing of the past, on to fsx for pimgee.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Yup, and its our decision whether to buy........... or not.....
Exactly - that's how the market works.

sadly PMDG will pretty much never again do another FS9 aircraft no matter how popular FS9 is. I think they did say along time ago the would definatly have nothing to do with it, which is sad.

Well it is a shame, especially as there is nothing wrong with fs9 and continues to dish it out. Yes, eventually i will convert to fsx or i would like to anyway, but i will always use fs9 and all the fantastic addons i have and would have liked the choice to buy addons for both. Business decision or not, you cant force people into fsx if they dont have the funds, are happy with fs9, or simply enjoy fs9 more and im sure there would be loads of fs9'ers who would purchase PMDG products if they continued to develop for fs9, i would have! :(

Chris Howard

They have pulled the plug on FS9 products which includes the new 737NG.One of their developers accidently spilled the beans about the 737 a while back even though its not official, i saved the thread on my laptop before it was pulled.I for one am disappointed about it. If a company promises all along that the NG will be for FS9, then do a u turn, well thats terrible business practice, not that PMDG give a toss.If they had said everything after the new NG will be FSX only i wouldnt have a problem with that. But when you promise something for years and then pull the plug on it, not good practice.As for "if you want the new stuff, all you have to do is install FSX", well i bet thats what all the developers want. Not everyone has the capability to just upgrade at the drop of the hat.