Sign in to follow this  
Mir // Flightbeam

Plane swaying left to right

I recently re-installed (I have the boxed version) and went on a flight last night, when i noticed in the middle of the flight the aircraft made a sharp right turn off course from the flightplan. It then corrected by making a sharp left turn, and so on and on... The rest of the flight became a giant zig zag following the flightplan. My fuel was balanced, my autopilot settings were correct, my flightplan was perfect, and the winds weren't changing direction at all. I will mention that I do have Active Sky Evolution running, however I've disabled wind smoothing which leads to problems with PMDG planes from what I understand. Even so.. the winds were still not changing direction, it was constant. Any ideas? Figured I'd post here before I make another ticket, those seem to take a while to get a response? I posted a ticket yesterday and haven't gotten anything back yet.Amir Salehi

Next time it happens open wx dialog box in FS (FS9 or FSX?) and clear all weather. See what happens.Use registered version of FSUIPC to smooth the weather, it's about the best thing there is at taming the MSFS wx shrew.

Dan Downs KCRP

It (sometimes) happends to me as well. Just disconnect the AP and put it back on. That does the trick for me.John

I've also experienced this issue with the MD-11. If I modify something in the F-PLN page during cruise, the plane with bank very shallow, left or right. I sometimes get this in the 747 as well if I change views to look out one of the side windows.Robert Williams

I have experienced this issue on both the MD-11 and the B744/8, and it always happens to me on the same route! KMIA-MMMX and also on the return flight.My theory is its something to do with the routing..... an error in an airaic or something as it always happens at the same point in the route (normally just as i cross the Yucatan peninsula and head over the Gulf again).

I have had this happen with intercepting a VOR radial (with autopilot), I discconnected AP, tracked it manually and then reapplied the AP which fixed it.