Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Stutter and FS9, I have a question fo everyone

This is just a simple question for everyone with FSCOF. I want to know if you are seeing any kind of stutter at all. At this point, my system isnt really stuttering, its more of a momentary frame rate drop with noticeable pause during flight. My fps will go from 25 (locked) down to 18 or so and sometimes even as low as 12-14 for no apparent reason with medium settings. It happens every 5-8 seconds and seems more pronounced If I am manuevering. It happens in spot view and cockpit views. It only lasts a moment, maybe a second, but if your in the flare or on an approach its a bit annoying. also it is not a regular occurence seems to happen randomly here. I am trying to nail down what on my system is causing this. I have already tried most of the tweaks your going to throw at me so rest assured I have tried a LOT of things already. I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else and if so what kind of system and video card you are running. I am beginning to think folks with GF 4's running ti4200 and 4600's are having similar problems. Please state if you are tweaking also and the res you run at. Thanks and I appreciate it.Hornit

P4 2.26 / 533FSB / 768MB PC2100 RAM / GeForce 4 ti4200 64MB Det 45.35 / Soundblaster Audigy GamerI see NO stutters. I run FS9 at 1024x768x32 with no AA. I've got everything maxed except visibility, which I set to 80 miles (same as clouds), and water effects which are low. I lock at 21 and get 21 except at the traditionally low FPS sinks like newark/jfk, and complete overcast drops me to around 10-12 fps.I did see some brief stutters (less than 1 sec) with addon aircraft, but the rendertotexture tweak fixed that one for me.I also picked up the new (July) soundblaster drivers which seemed to improve system smoothness a bit...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Just a guess, but have you defragmented your hard drive recently? I defragged before I installed fs2004.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

My stutters were more like hesitations. What I mean is that it seems to pause for a second every once in a while for some reason. Maybe a swap file issue? These pauses didn't even show up on the fps display until I added the line for average fps to my fs9.cfg file. Then I finally saw this: {1.0 18.9 23.4} It happens on the ground, in the air, doesn't seem to matter. I tried the default Lear at the default airport (Seattle) and had the same issue. It was especially bad in heavy clouds when I had all the 3d clouds maxed out. Has settled down a bit with reductions in those sliders but it is still there.

Yes, and it's driving me crazy!!Most of mine occur in banked turns as the new scenery is drawing! It's very frustrating and I've been working on this all weekend long. I'm about two seconds from selling this sim and take up cross-stitching. :)Those with the stutters- please post your system specs and any possible fixes.radeon 8500lexp1600iwill kk266phillips rythmic edgeTodd

What system specs are you guys running with the stutters?Thanks,Todd

hmm- here too. But the pause is much longer than some of you posted here. Mine can pause for 10 seconds or more than WHAM back to business at my typical 8-12 FPS in populated areas.Are you all using 15 min real weather? Maybe it is the download process or something??

P4 2.4, 768DDR PC2700 Ram, Radeon 9800 Pro, 80G HD with approx. 50G available.

i think it is something about weather changes

One thing you guys might want to try is turn the dynamic weather slider all the way to the left if you are using real weather.My understanding is otherwise, not only will fs be doing calculations (e.g. processing power) to change the weather into something cool-but will also be changing the real weather-until you hit the next station report.Worth a try-I could be wrong.....I keep mine permanently to the left as I always use real weather.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

I have the same also. I have tweaked and swapped driver's until I finally quit. :-rollsI think it does have something to do with weather updating. If I use one of the pre-defined settings, all is great. Using both real weather from inside FS9 or wxRE v1.9. :-(Jay(-:______________________________________________________________________

hmmmm, very interesting. I have the dynamic weather off, full left. I DO NOT use real weahter, and I so far have the change between stations OFF for testing. Yes I am defragged, regularly.I think i am seeing some commonalities. Im interested in the guy with the stutter in turns, mine seems to do it almost exclusively in the initial part of even a smooth turn inside or out of the cockpit. I think this is something that should get looked into a bit more. Please give your sys specs with each post, im wondering about certain op systems and video cards at this point.P4 512mb,pc2100ddr, GF4 ti4200 128mb, WIN98SE, SB Live! Going to get the new drivrs NOW! didnt know about that.Hornit

Guest jpcxcf

Give FS9 higher priority and see what happens...Regards,Pedro

Would you please elaborate on how to give it higher priority. Runing windows 98 I would think its the ONLY priority if NOTHING else is running. I am curious about that.Hornit