Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Stutter and FS9, I have a question fo everyone

Guest sdickson1968

No stutters or pauses here.Athlon 2400XP+, 768MB DDR, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, Windows XP Home Edition, DirectX 9.0b, nVidia 45.23 video drivers, SoundBlaster Live Value w/ latest drivers, Saitek X-45 (USB) and CH Pedals (gameport). No components are overclocked. In-game settings attached as screen captures.FSAA turned off in video driver. Using 2x anisotropic filtering. Have fixed size virtual memory paging file of 1024MB.Virtual cockpit dials scaled x2 for clarity using VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2. AI traffix set to 50%. Terrain settings as follows:TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1307992I am using Stephen Rothlisberger's and Richard Gascon's enhanced terrain meshes for the US and Canada respectively. Have applied Chris Willis' horizon haze effect fix but am not using his low-res clouds.No third-party utilities running in the background, apart from FSUIPC.Usually use dynamic weather, downloaded from the Jeppesen servers every 15 minutes. Weather rate of change set to extreme. Also run the Gathering Storms weather theme about 1/3 of the time. Framerate is typically in the mid- to high-20s, with occasional dips into the mid-teens in heavy, multi-layer weather. I fly mostly VFR routes in and around the Pacific Northwest, and typically stay at or below 10,000ft altitude. Usually split my time between the Baron (stock out of the box), the Cub (again out of the box stock) and the FSD Seneca V. Rarely use the GPS and usually have the virtual cockpit up. Rarely use 2D panel popups.

I tried the new cloud addon everyone has been discussing and I believe they have helped the problem.Todd

i too have the problem!!! i thought i was the only one! my specs are in my sig, but i notice it mostly around water.

"TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1307992"How on earth did you arrive at that figure?!Mike

Guest SoarPics

Curious you should ask that, Mike. What is the value in your FS9.cfg?

You are probably already anticipating my response to that from the other thread. The default setting was 0 (zero) on my installation. Same for TDR and TER. However, see Kurt M's excellent work in this area in that other thread.Mike