Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nathan Palmer

45.23 drivers work well

Guest BobKK

For anyone with an Nvidia FX card, the 45.23 drivers are working on my system quite well. All panels can be seen in full-screen mode. Just one advisement, when you plan a flight, you need to be in windowed mode. Another topic. I flew the Learjet into LAX on an IFR flight from Billings, MT. LAX is incredible in FS9...much more realistic than FS2000. On the glideslope to RWY 24R, it looked like the real thing. No kidding.Bob K

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Bob,Can you undock windows in Full Screen mode? (So one could undock say the GPS and move it to a second or secondary display monitor). I'm using 45.20 with a GeForce ti4600 128 MB and I can not undock in full screen mode. The right click undock menu item is always "greyed out" in FS mode. I can move it in Windowed mode.Thanks,Larry JonesFlorence, MT

Bob,I have the Nvidia FX 5600. Currently my OS is Windows 98. I can't find a newer driver then 44.03 for windows 98. Do you know where i can find a driver for windows 98 so i can see a panel when i'm flying?Or do i need to upgrade mij OS?ThanksJeroen

Guest Vulcho

>Bob,>>I have the Nvidia FX 5600. Currently my OS is Windows 98. I>can't find a newer driver then 44.03 for windows 98. Do you>know where i can find a driver for windows 98 so i can see a>panel when i'm flying?>Or do i need to upgrade mij OS?>>Thanks>>Jeroen>Try Guru3d.com for new drivers.

Jeroen...For your system, have you tried adding PanelAsTexture=0 under the display section of FS9.cfg?If PanelAsTexture=0 doesn't work, try PanelAsTexture=1.... It may help--but I haven't had a clear answer from FX/Win 98 users as to whether it helps or not...-John

Alex,I've tries Guru3d, but they only have new drivers for windows 2000/XP.Thanks anyway.

I can confirm this as well. With a new 5900-Ultra, I was experiening hard lockups, especially on final approach as well as texture tearing with both the 44.67 and the 45.20 drivers. Downloaded 45.23 from guru3d.com and all has been well ever since. BTW, I am running full screen mode on two monitors.AJ

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi,Check again.I am also still running 98SE and found the proper 45.23 driver at Guru3D.Wilson

Guest Nathan Palmer

FX5600 and XP OS and yes those drivers allow for a great flight and also fixes the windows in full screen modes and they are no longer black boxes.NPBTW I found them at 3dguru.com and instead of doing a fresh driver install after remove my old drivers I had to do an upgrade to new drivers in order to get the new driver to install. Hope this helps anyone trying to install these new drivers. sad thing is no longer have 3d drivers to work with these new drivers.