Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Just announced!

In our never ending quest to improve services for both our readers and all the great add-on authors that upload their files to AVSIM, we are happy to announce that we have launched a new upload system within the AVSIM library. Now, authors and readers will be assured of accurate file descriptions, proper placement in the categories, and more. Authors will be able to select a license statement that informs the reader of the type of file they are dealing with and whether there are any special notes that they should read. We think this will be a quantum leap in convenience for the authors, and we look forward to their feedback in its use. The new upload system can be found by using the UPLOAD button in the main library menu.

Guest mikehaska

That's great news Tom- to be honest, I have had trouble with the previous system. The new one should be much easier!

Mike, understood... But... and it is a big but... The onus is completely on you now. The details of the description, where it should go, any links to previous files, the whole tamale lies squarely in your lap. If you get it wrong - well, you know. Anyway, with this system, and assuming that authors do it correctly, the only thing the library managers will be doing is moving files around and approving your entries. Hopefully. :)Anyway, we fully anticipate that there will be a learning curve for all and that there will be kinks, but we'll work 'em out.Spread the word! :)

Guest mikehaska

But... and it is a big but... You saying I have a big butt? :-hah I'm sure the new system will work out great!

Guest jon_151

Wohooo ! great job Tom !.

Thanks Tom. Well appreciated! :-) One problem I always had with the previous system was the absence of an upload progress meter. Hopefully this will be resolved now.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest Matt Johnson

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way of doing that. :-(Tech-heads: If you know of a way to display a progress meter for an upload taking place via multipart form posting, let me know!--M

I was only referring to an opposite of the download meter when you download files. I know when you upload to FS.com you can see the progress.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"