Sign in to follow this  
Guest SebGevers

New computer: Scenery recommendations

Guest SebGevers

Hi, i've finally got a computer on which I can run FS9 as smoothly, which by my standards is running Captain Sim 757 @ 60fps in the VC, up from a previous 13fps :)To make things as realistic as possible, can the forum suggest which scenery add-ons (in terms of weather, traffic, mesh etc, so not airports) should get? I have GE Pro and Active Sky, is there anything else? I fly mainly between and around Ireland, UK and Holland.

Ultimate Terrain (Europe, U.S., Canada & Alaska)Real Environment XtremeFS GenesisCongrats on the new rig!

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Guest SebGevers

Thanks for the quick responses! Are Ultimate Terrain & REx compatible with GE Pro. What's the difference between those two and GE Pro?./Seb

For Holland, get NL2000's free Holland scenery. It covers all of Holland with photorealistic terrain and, even though you didn't ask for it, also airports. It can also provide you with some local AI traffic.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

You probably want to take a look at Horizon scenery or possibly Just Flight for UK photorealistic stuff, and if you want UK and Ireland airports (including some free stuff), then a trip to the UK2000 website is in order. REX is worth a look for pretty skies, or for a cheaper alternative, FS Elemental.Some links:http://www.uk2000scenery.com/http://www.justflight.com/http://www.playhorizon.co.uk/store/index.p...;products_id=22Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest SebGevers

Thanks all. I got REX yesterday, and I might well have gotten FSGenesis if only I could understand their website. No idea what I'm supposed to download, plus the sitechecker software I use started throwing up all sorts of dire warnings. It's a shame really because I love the idea of what they're selling. Perhaps someone could provide me a direct link to where I need to be (remember, Europe only)....The NL2000 I'll get later (it's rather big) and I'll check up on the AI stuff as well.Anyway, so now I have REX, but can I still use this in combination with ActiveSky (I'm thinking 'no') and GEPro 2 (I'm hoping 'yes'). Also, like GEPro, can you launch FS from within REX?thanks./s

Guest belga1

Hello,

plus the sitechecker software I use started throwing up all sorts of dire warnings.
So .. don't use it th00000h012.gifAFAIK .. FSgenesis site is safe.http://www.fsgenesis.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvcYou must first register for have right to go to customer section (loggin needed)https://www.fsgenesis.com/Merchant2/merchan...OGN&Order=0
Please log in to make a purchase or obtain an update.If you already have a customer account, please enter your username and password. If you've forgotten your login information, use the Login Lookup function and/or have your password automaticlly emailed to you.If you don't yet have a customer account, please click "Create New Account"
Regards.bye.gifGus.

Anyway, so now I have REX, but can I still use this in combination with ActiveSky (I'm thinking 'no') and GEPro 2 (I'm hoping 'yes'). Also, like GEPro, can you launch FS from within REX?
Yes you can use RAX and Active Sky together. REX has a weather engine, but you can disable that in preferences and simply use the the other features of REX and Active Sky for the weather engine. And yes, there is a preference setting in REX that can launch FS.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest SebGevers

>> AFAIK .. FSgenesis site is safe.Well, probably, but I've been badly burned before so I've learned to become a lot more cautious over the years. A quick internet check has thrown up nothing negative about either the company or their support, so I'm guessing it's fine. Thanks for the link, I'll give it another go tonight. >> Yes you can use RAX and Active Sky togetherAlrighty! From the quick flight I had last night I prefer the REX clouds to the ActiveSky clouds, so I might just stick with that for now. ./s