Sign in to follow this  

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro problems in FS9

Guest Henri W

Hi,I really would like to know whether other people are having the same graphics problems I am having with FS9 using an ATI Radeon 9800Pro graphics card. I am well aware of the fact that there is an issue with the Radeon 9700/9800 in FS9, as acknowledged by ATI, but I am not sure if I am having the same kind of problems as other people. My biggest concern is the random appearance of verticle black stripes as you can see in the attached screen shots taken a few seconds apart. This really makes FS9 pretty much unusable for me. Other applications, like FS2k2 and Fly! II, work flawlessly.So far I have tried about every possible graphics setting both inside and outside FS9. I have used several drivers (Catalyst 3.5, Catalyst 3.6 and Omega 2.4.74a) and ran FS9 full-screen and in window mode. The disturbingly flashing stripes always appeared. It is not related to any particular aircraft or position.My system:Pentium 4 2.80 GHz, 800 MHz FSBAsus P4P800 Deluxe i865PE Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro 128 Mb 1024 Mb DDR SDRAM PC3200Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9, 120 Gb, 7200 rpm (2x)Creatice Soundblaster Audigy IIWindows XP ProFeedback is really appreciated. Thanks,Henrihttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/30006.jpg

Hi Henri,No such artifacts noted here.Sorry, not much help, I know :(MikeP4 2.4GHz (400FSB), 512MB PC2100 DDR Crucial, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (Catalyst 3.5), Gigabyte GA-8IRXP MoBo, Ultra-Quiet PSU 400W, WinXP Home (SP1), DirectX 9.0b3DMark 2001SE : 123753Dmark 2003: 5311

Guest Bigshot

Go on over to www.rage3d.com and do a search in the forums for that. I'm sure you'll find some information. If not, ask the folks over there.

Guest Henri W

Thanks a lot for your reply.Best regards,Henri

I use 3.2's and have read elsewere they seem to be the best radeon driver to use till ATI releases an update.

Hi Henri,I saw your reply in my post earlier about the blue flickers. I don't have anything like what your pictures show. Other than some flashing when loading, everything looks excellent on my radeon 9800 pro with the 3.6 drivers. Oh yeah, the text in the front end menus tends to corrupt quite frequently, too.Jesse

>>>>>there is an issue with the Radeon 9700/9800 in FS9, as acknowledged by ATI<<<

Eric 

I have the exact same problem... I will let you know if 3.2 drivers work...2.4 g.512 mg ram9700 pro

I saw no difference with the 3.2 drivers... I may have uninstalled them incorrectly, but yeah those black lines are still there.... Do they have anything to do with the mip mapping?john

Guest cw1011

I have been having similar problems with the 9700, though much more subtle. I get them in the distance in moderate cloud coverage. Nothing this bad though. Colin

Guest Henri W

Thanks, Colin.Let's hope there will be a fix soon. On the other site (flightsim.com) there is a cover article on how to tweak your Radeon 9800Pro for FS2004. I followed their advice, but things only seemed to get worse. Oh well.Best regards,Henrihttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg