Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Best freeware 727?

I know Captin Sim's 727 is the best payware 727 available, but what is the best freeware 727 available?

Guest Brent Hebert

FFXBrent Hebert

Thanks :-) but the three 727's I want are not avalible for the FFX 727 :-P The three Im looking for are Champion Air, Planet Airways, and TransMeridian Airlines.

Guest guyjr

with Richard Probst's panel. Top quality. Doesn't work with FS2004 tho. :(

Guest Boone

Sorry, This ain't gonna help much :-bla .... but if you ever, even slightly entertained the idea, Captain Sim's 727 is worth every penny (and the patch is out for FS9!) :-badteeth Best,Boone

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Ever considered painting your own ?You asked what is the best freeware 727, not can I get these repaints.Brent is spot on the FFX 727 and use the repaint pack available.Ash.

Guest matsberg

I got probst panel to work just fine with FS9. The thing i couldnt get working was the autopilot, but after examining the panel file i found out that FS9 is more picky with spaces in the config file.Remove the space after "ap" in the window.3 section, the autopilot line should read "gauge00=Rp727_2!ap,0 ,197, 400, 103" WITHOUT the trailing space after "ap".I also had to enable the yawdamper again for FS9 (change the line "yaw_damper_gain=0.000000" to "yaw_damper_gain=1.000000" in your aircraft file) and now it flies like a dream.Another nifty feature in FS9 is that you can put all the gauge files in the panel folder instead of the gauges folder. This is nice when trying out new panels and it also makes backing up a lot easier. My "tweaked" 727 is now in one folder, aircraft, panel, gauges and sounds. Just to zip it and hand it over to friends.Only problem i have now is that this panel uses fssound.dll for the altimeter tick, and i cant adjust the volume for fssound output making the tick very loud and annoying.Hope this can help you guys who had problems, the FFX727 combined with the probst panel is payware quality and very flyable!

Hi there,great tip about RP's 727 panel, putting the gauges in the panel folder to try it out, didn't know that worked in FS2004.One quick question though, how do you adjust the radios? I can't use the mouse to change frequencies?Any help would be appreciated.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest matsberg

That is covered in the manual for probst panel.Check under [radios] in your aircraft.cfg[Radios]// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1Com.1=1, 0Com.2=1, 0Nav.1=1, 0, 1Nav.2=1, 0, 0Adf.1=1Transponder.1=1Marker.1=1The second radio parameter must be a zero. Check with the manuals, there is some more settings that might have to be adjusted, especially for flaps and such.I am trying to find a good flightmodel now, the original FFX ones is way to weird for FS9. The ones by Charles Fox works better, but the aircraft feels a bit heavy in FS9 and it gulps a LOT of fuel makes the range too short (i like to haul them looong pan-african routes).I really dont know how to adjust them fligt-models, and anyway i dont have the numbers to go there. I hope it will be resolved by some smart person.It IS a lot of tweaking with this, if i find a nice flight-model i would want to make a nice free FS9 727 package with a proper installer (after checking with the original authors of course).

Bingo, thanks a bunch, that did the trick with the radios. Usually I RTFM, don't know why I didn't in this case.I haven't really tried the flightmodel of the FFX 727 in FS9 yet, so I can't speak for that.Thanks again,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Mike Stone makes a nice 727...he is working on updated his files for FS2004 also.www.pmstone.com

Guest PhilipManwaring

The Charles Fox flight model needs a little 'tuning' in FS9 to compensate for the new way FS9 handles wing incidence. I've made the changes to the .AIR file and it now flies perfectly. I'm going to email Mr. Fox to see if he'd mind me posting it. It could be that he's already working on an update.

Yes I did consider painting my own planes, but I need one of those paint programs and I don't have one.

Thanks a lot! I was having problems with the autopilot as well, and it never occurred to me to remove that space. I was just about to install a default AP until I was informed of this by someone on Tom Gibson's forum. Much better to have my old-school AP back in my delivery colors' 727-227 Advanced, N442BN (Coming soon from us...)

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Windows has a paint program built in. Alternates are available such as Dogwaffle and various other packages, they're free.