Sign in to follow this  
Guest SKYGOD

I Lost My Job!!!!

Look, I came to work on time.... I did exactly what the boss told me to do..... I followed all the rules..... never once gave the boss the bird.... Then the first time I ever had a chance to drive one of them there fork lifts..... one little mis-step.... and everyone runs around in circles screaming and shouting..... you'd think I blew the place up or something..... I don't understand it....... I didn't mean to do it....... It was an accident...... It could have happened to anyone......

Guest John_Hirsch

Nice move, Charlie Brown!

Lol!!Looks a bit dangerous....I'd love to know how the hell that happened:)HeheDave

LOL"I'm sure there was a truck there a minute ago":-boom

Guest jon_151

is that serious Tom ?

Guest mikehaska

Don't show BT this post- he'll start saying you were shot down with a missile in a giant conspiracy to make you loose your day job so you have to spend more time here with us in the forums! :-lol

What is the weight of that round tube? Looks heavy...:-lol

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Happened at MOMAG Unit Eight in the Naval Magazine, on Guam. The Forktruck is a standard 4000 explosive/electric forktruck and the operator was an experienced E-4. The weapon is a 2000 lb MK 65 Quickstrike underwater mine."The situation was very simple: The driver had been loading a flatbed trailer with mines and instead of turning left out the door of the magazine he would position the weapons on the truck which was parked parallel to the loading dock. After loading the last mine, the truck left for the assembly area. The driver was preparing for the next truck and was momentarily distracted by one of the handlers. He claimed that before he could stop, he was already on the way over the edge. Why? inattention to the task at hand and because that he had previously moved hundreds of rounds without incident, his guard was let down. He recalled when he first got his license how deliberate he was with explosives and how with more experience he became faster but not necessarily unsafe. . . Another contributing factor which was not on the explosive incident report was that operators prided themselves on the speed by which they could load/offload trailers. Sometimes their skill and deftness with the fork tines got mixed up with the safety aspects of moving ordnance. Obviously, this changed that. It sometimes takes incidents such as this one to bring home ORM"Cut and pasted an email I recieved using the pic for some ORM(Opperational Risk Mangement) Training tip.EDIT: So with the driver being in the military he still has a job, just ain't drivin' no forklift, no more. Maybe he be peelin' taters :-lol,:-lol:-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2n.jpg

Guest Matt Johnson

It happened, but not to Tom. ;-)--M

LOL! =)That is a riot! Thank god that didn't blow up in his face.Eric

Eric Thornton

"So with the driver being in the military he still has a job, just ain't drivin' no forklift, no more. Maybe he be peelin' taters"LOL!, I know how peelin taters feels like.....but only in a domestic sense, poor guy;)Dave

Hmmmm, bet we can find a way to blame load planning for this.Timothy(I dated a girl ONCE shaped like that)

Hey Jeff......maybe the ARMY can use him!!!!!! Don

The fact that the explosives didn't go off speaks volumes for the QA and professionalism of those handling and building them of course.Obviously designed to be dropped :-rotor