Sign in to follow this  
moss1

WOAI

Hi Everyone,I had another topic several days ago when I was looking for an AI Package. I did get WOAI and installed several domestic airlines. I loaded up KSEA with traffic at 70% and not a one other than a few default AC show. The last package I had showed tons of aircraft. The traffic bgls are there but i don't understand where all the AC are. I used the installer and let it handle everything so I know the files are all there. I installed Conninential, American Southwest etc.. and they all use KSEA. Do I need to do anything else to have this airport populated? I have'nt tryed anyothers because KSEA before Was the most populated of all that I used so if it isn't showing here at 70% settings, I don't think they will populate elsewhere. Thanks for your help. I am well versed in FS9 for many years except in the AI Dept.Best regards, Jeff

Hi Everyone,I had another topic several days ago when I was looking for an AI Package. I did get WOAI and installed several domestic airlines. I loaded up KSEA with traffic at 70% and not a one other than a few default AC show. The last package I had showed tons of aircraft. The traffic bgls are there but i don't understand where all the AC are. I used the installer and let it handle everything so I know the files are all there. I installed Conninential, American Southwest etc.. and they all use KSEA. Do I need to do anything else to have this airport populated? I have'nt tryed anyothers because KSEA before Was the most populated of all that I used so if it isn't showing here at 70% settings, I don't think they will populate elsewhere. Thanks for your help. I am well versed in FS9 for many years except in the AI Dept.Best regards, Jeff
Try 100% traffic. The % slider is not a tool that allows you to show a given % of any traffic files you have, but relates directy to the % that is written into the flightplans. If the flightplan says you need to have >80% traffic , then running FS9 at 70% means you will see none.

Peter Schluter

Try 100% traffic. The % slider is not a tool that allows you to show a given % of any traffic files you have, but relates directy to the % that is written into the flightplans. If the flightplan says you need to have >80% traffic , then running FS9 at 70% means you will see none.
Thanks pshlute,I'll give that a try. the other setup I had, I could run as low as 20% and saw plenty of AI, so with just the WOAI stuff I guess it's different. Thanks again. Much appreciated :)

It may be the answer or it may not. I cannot remember what % are normally written into the WOAI plans.

Peter Schluter

Can more than one AI program exist together and work efficiently in FS9? Thanks...

Steve

7 Miles NW of KGCK

Yes, they can, but if you use something like Ultimate Traffic with say WOAI packages, you run into the problem of having way to many planes somewhere. Say at Atlanta where Delta has their main hub, it is pretty well packed with AI (at least for me and I created my own plane package for that). If you use UT and the WOAI Delta package, you could likely have nothing but Delta planes showing up.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Can more than one AI program exist together and work efficiently in FS9? Thanks...
Yes, as long as you avoid having duplicate plans, otherwise it'll get a bit messy. You can have WOAI co-exist and supplement UT and your own, manually installed AI plans and they will all work just fine. In fact, years ago, before I got into manually installing my AI, that's the way I used to run things. Some plans would come from UT, some from WOAI.Having said that - custom designed, manually installed AI is the best AI ;)

Further to the advice you have been given, it is easy in Ultimate traffic to disable individual airlines (if you have WOAI for that airline), or even individual aircraft types.You can also use the WOAI flightplans (or any flightplans for that matter) to add an airline to UT.The two work fine together.

Peter Schluter

Hello everyone.I have a similar problem: I installed many WOAI packages (all the big airlines from US, Europe, Asia and Oceania, plus many other airlines, especially from US and Europe) but still I can't get airports full. If I understand correctly what I've read in many places, this could be a problem with afcad files which, especially with default airports, don't have many gates open for AI traffic. The problem is that also in payware airports I can't get sufficient amounts of traffic. The "worst" example is TNCM where I don't have any traffic except for 1 (one) GA plane. I know there is an updated afcad from alpha-india, but I think it's strange that, with the "default" afcad from FlyTampa I cannot see any aircraft. Considering I have Air France, KLM, American, Delta, Continental, Jet Blue (and others that fly into TNCM, but I don't remember which right know) at least some aircraft should show up, right?Am I doing something wrong? I installed all the packages at once using the WOAI installer and my traffic slider is at 100%. I installed the airport addons AFTER WOAI, but I don't think this is the problem...Sorry if this has been asked before, I suppose it's been, but I couldn't find a solution.

One of the biggest issues with having lots of aircraft at airports is parking.Not only do you need to have enough parking, it has to be the correct size.While there are some standards for aircraft radius, they vary from plane to plane and developer to developer.Go to- http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/ and get ADE9X. It is what Afcad should be (or could have been, had Lee Swordy not retired).With it you can check your AFD files (commonly called Afcads) for the radii of the parking at your airports.Included with ADE9X is AI Aircraft Editor which is similar to the ap included in Afcad2.21, only better. With this program you can verify your AI aircraft parking radius.If your aircraft radius is larger than your parking radii you will never see them on the ramp.Hope this helps.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hello everyone.I have a similar problem: I installed many WOAI packages (all the big airlines from US, Europe, Asia and Oceania, plus many other airlines, especially from US and Europe) but still I can't get airports full. If I understand correctly what I've read in many places, this could be a problem with afcad files which, especially with default airports, don't have many gates open for AI traffic. The problem is that also in payware airports I can't get sufficient amounts of traffic. The "worst" example is TNCM where I don't have any traffic except for 1 (one) GA plane. I know there is an updated afcad from alpha-india, but I think it's strange that, with the "default" afcad from FlyTampa I cannot see any aircraft. Considering I have Air France, KLM, American, Delta, Continental, Jet Blue (and others that fly into TNCM, but I don't remember which right know) at least some aircraft should show up, right?Am I doing something wrong? I installed all the packages at once using the WOAI installer and my traffic slider is at 100%. I installed the airport addons AFTER WOAI, but I don't think this is the problem...Sorry if this has been asked before, I suppose it's been, but I couldn't find a solution.
Something to remember about a place like St. Maarten, an airline might fly in there only once a day, though on a daily basis. Continental has a flight (for the summer schedule) from St. Maarteen to St. Newark at 1:05PM or 18:05UTC which arrives at 5:45PM or 23:45UTC. It departs Newark at 7:50AM or 12:50UTC and arrives at around 12:00PM or 17:00UTC. As you can see, the plane is on the ground for about an hour turnaround before it heads back to whence it came.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them and report the results =)Edit: I just gave a quick look at some airports and aircrafts with ADE9X. Everything looks ok, at least as far as the radius is concerned. It looks like there's plenty of space for many aircrafts of many sizes. My only doubt is about some (a reasonable number actually) of parkings with no airline identifier associated to them: does this mean that anyone can go there or that no one can go there?Thanks.

Any aircraft can use those spots if the radius is large enough.

One of the advantages of UT is that it gives you new AFCADS for all the major airports in the world. These are much better than the defaults. If you have addon airports you obviously need to disable the UT ones.

Peter Schluter

Guest fs2004josh

I was wondering what I need to do to make my WOAI to work and my default AI to go away using TTools. I read the manual but it was way to confusingttools.png