Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

MS has Abandoned Real World Weather

That's my theory until they tell me otherwise. I have been unable to receive proper weather for the last few weeks using the built in downloader.And to top it off - today I tried to email support but "there is a problem with the support server...." *SIGH*Alternative Routes? What is the cheapest route to get real world weather up and running????

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest 413X3

why not buy Active Sky?

Because it costs money? :( Seriously though I am consider it but I'm trying to get a straight answer from a human at Microsoft, rather than someone from India reading a standard response....For ASX - what product do I buy? I see "Evolution, X graphics, Active Sky X, and the bundle...." And what sort of memory footprint will it take up? My PC is no Core i7...For textures I'm already happy with Flight Env X.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Hondabuff

Just checked on my system and its working fine..

Ok? Is there a cache somewhere on my hard drive that might need to be cleared out? I've been having this issue for weeks now. That's why I tried to get support for it.So hondabuff - if you go to an airport with a thunderstorm and download real weather you get a thunderstorm/rain in FSX?This is what I'm getting at KDLHNEXRAD, METAR via ADDS, and default weather along with what I see in game.... lolproof1.jpgproof2.jpgproof3.jpgproof4.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I have always found MS weather to be much milder than real world.Have you considered just plugging in the weather data yourself from the METAR?Or, I heard FS Metar works with FSX, that's a free weather engine, give that a try.

Or, I heard FS Metar works with FSX, that's a free weather engine, give that a try.
I agree that in-game is usually more mild but in the past it has worked... metar would state rain, and real weather would have rain... now it's always sunny and light clouds... that's why I wondered if there was a cache that needs to be purged somewhere on my hard drive..I've never heard of fs metar... i will check it out thanks!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Remember that FSX translates the incoming "real weather" to the specifications you see when you setup your own custom environments. From my observations that interpretation is flawed. External weather programs actually make those custom settings themselves which is "usually" fairly close to reality. Try make your own weather to match your locale just to see how close the customer weather factors will be. FS Metar is quite good and is an old program relied upon for years. Occasionally I get some oddity but overall it does work better than the internal "real weather" offered by Microsoft.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

The posting title reflects you have a future in the news media. I just checked my FSX with MS weather and it's working. The world will end in 2012. :(Have fun,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I'm using a Dell XPS730 with only a CoreTwo Duo (is that what it's called?). I fly only GA and usually into small/medium airports and things work well. I run most sliders about 3/4 way to the right. Traffic settings are 30% for GA and 50% for scheduled carriers. I am running ASE and FEX for the cloud effects. You really don't need the FEX as the clouds etc drawn in FSX are OK (at best, but they will work if your budget is tight). Once you try a good wx engine you will wonder how you ever got along without it.

The posting title reflects you have a future in the news media. I just checked my FSX with MS weather and it's working.
I think I'll stick with air traffic :( What was the current metar and what did fsx display? Some people don't notice because it's sunny at their airport and same in FSX. So if something is wrong on my end I'd love to know how to fix it....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |