Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

Clicking sound then no voice

I seem to have an intermittent problem where I here a click sound in my headphones and then after that no voice via the headset. When this occurs my voice commands still activate a particular action, but no co-pilot confirmation.For example I command "wipers slow". The wipers will activate but no "wipers slow" reply from co-pilot. Also there is no response the the relevant checks when called.This does not occur on every flight and I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen.I use a quality USB headset and have tried using it in different USB ports on the computer.Any ideas?ThanksAndrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I seem to have an intermittent problem where I here a click sound in my headphones and then after that no voice via the headset. When this occurs my voice commands still activate a particular action, but no co-pilot confirmation.For example I command "wipers slow". The wipers will activate but no "wipers slow" reply from co-pilot. Also there is no response the the relevant checks when called.This does not occur on every flight and I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen.I use a quality USB headset and have tried using it in different USB ports on the computer.Any ideas?ThanksAndrew Dixon
Hello Andrew,So you get some sound, and then the sound just stops?Confirm that your USB audio device is selected in the CFG Page.Also, try having the sound come through your Main Speakers as a test. I suspect it's hardware related, but uncheck HS (Head Set) from the FS2Crew Main Panel to help isolate the issue. If the sound works through your main speakers, then you may have a faulty USB headset or some other problem.Best,

Hello Andrew,So you get some sound, and then the sound just stops?Confirm that your USB audio device is selected in the CFG Page.Also, try having the sound come through your Main Speakers as a test. I suspect it's hardware related, but uncheck HS (Head Set) from the FS2Crew Main Panel to help isolate the issue. If the sound works through your main speakers, then you may have a faulty USB headset or some other problem.Best,
Okay Brian, Ill give that a goAndrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

hey im having the exact same problem, but it only happens if i unplug my headset and then plug it in again... if i wanted to quickly switch to speaker output for example.Once ive lost FO sound how do i get it back? i've already checked to make sure the correct device is being used.Cheers Tom

hey im having the exact same problem, but it only happens if i unplug my headset and then plug it in again... if i wanted to quickly switch to speaker output for example.Once ive lost FO sound how do i get it back? i've already checked to make sure the correct device is being used.Cheers Tom
Hi Tom,Unplugging your USB headset and then plugging it back in again.... not a good idea!You're doing it the hard way....If you want to switch back and forth between Headset and Speakers, just click HS (Headset) on the FS2Crew Main Panel.If HS is toggled off, your sound will be routed through your speakers.That's the easiest (and best) way.Cheers,