Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

Is It OK? or it is my problem! (see screenshot)

Guest touradg morassaei

Hi AllAt night ramp and taxieways look very bright.Is it by default or I have problem?thank youtouradg

Well, I can't answer that question, but with me it's the opposite. I think it's probably how it is supposed to be, but on FS2002, at night everything is so damn dark!I mean, you cant even see the outline of the plane's fuselage, only the tail and front of it which is lit by the landing lights, etc. The blue taxiway lights are VERY faint and tiny, and the landing lights do nothing but flood the few metres in front of the aircraft with blinding white light.Does this annoy anyone else? Or is this how dark it would seem in real-life? And is everyone else's night-flying/taxiing like this?

Guest in_04

That screen doesn't look ok.I suggest you should post youre computer config and settings here.ByeMarkus

Guest CargoMun

Thats one reason I never fly at night. The taxi/landing lights of most planes in FS2004 is utter crap (either blinding or none present). Bad lightning on airports are still present and taxiways extremely hard to even find - very dissapointing :(

Guest Nathan Palmer

Sorry you feel that way but I fully disagree. With my set up the night has never looked better in prior versions and the AI and field lights are great.NP

Guest tcable

I have over 150 hours of night flying time and I'd say that this version of fs is by far the best at rendering night.When I was learning to fly at DAB, you really could not see the beacon at night- you had to look for the black hole in the lights on the ground to find the airport!Taxiway lights are not visible at a great distance- at least the blue ones, and this is by design so that they will not be distracting during critical phases of flight- the green centerline lights are directional along the axis of the taxiway so they are usually not visible off the taxiway.IT looks like those taxiways are a driver problem.Tim

Could someone please take a snapshot that displays the taxiways and ramps as they should appear? I have the same problem with the runways appearing as they should at night but all other pavement having a daytime appearance. Thanks.

Guys you gotta read the very first Flightsim 2k4 post..on this forum.Here is the fix for the not too bright lights.Q) How can I change runway light settings?A) To get your runways configs light size add these line under fs9.cfg display: RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales edge, center,end,touchdown,runways RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.0 // scales VASI lights)RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0 // scales approach light bars RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales RAILs and ODALs)More the value is lower, more the light will decrease in size, 0.5, 0.005 etc.As for the very bright lights...had them too...i have done alot of texture file upgrades and one of em put a new halo.bmp in and it was the cause of those bright lights.Restore your halo.bmp with the default and all should be right again.read the FSCOF help topics before you post..save u some typeing.

Nope. That seems a driver issue.That halo.bmp and light scalar stuff is for changing the lights, not the apron.

oops sorry.This fix is for the airport lighting, taxiWAY lighting, Approachlighting and such.The aircraft landing lights are an individual model problemI have Mike Stones Shorts 360(in fact ALL Mikes Planes) for FSCOF and the landing lights are superb..perfect in factAlso the FFX B737-500 perfect landing and taxi lighting.

Hi all.No, that is not how it should look.This is most probably a video card/driver problem.The taxiway texture is dark at night on my system.Dick

>Bad lightning on airports are still present>and taxiways extremely hard to even find - very dissapointingThis is the way it is in real life I am afraid. Go to some local airport (where you can freely walk close to taxiways) and see for yourself. On the other hand what Simflyers do at their airports - per users requests - those overpowering green taxi lights are utter crap and totally made up. I am glad that Microsoft wants things to be more realistic at least in this one area.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

>this version of fs is by far the best at rendering night.Agreed 100%. I have about 30 hrs of night time flying in my log.Michael J.

Guest Eternal

I agree. The night lighting of FS2004 is very accurate. It really gives that "black hole" effect of flying at night and looking for the airport.

Guest touradg morassaei

thanks friendsI came to conclusion that it is my graphic card problem.Thank you