Sign in to follow this  
Guest Speedbird1

ALERT... ALERT... FX Card Owners

Guest Bob I

Hi,Just got an e-mail from Nvidia.... New Drivers on Wednesday. EOM.Layabout

Guest Speedbird1

Just downloaded the new 45.24 from Guru uploaded today.Apparently they got them off the NVIDIA ftp site.I hope these are not going to be the WHQL ones they publish because they do not do Jack s*** to any of the display problems with FX card owners.Slightly better image quality I might add if that is any consolation.

>Just downloaded the new 45.24 from Guru uploaded today.>Apparently they got them off the NVIDIA ftp site.>>I hope these are not going to be the WHQL ones they publish>because they do not do Jack s*** to any of the display>problems with FX card owners.I suspect that you have other issues to deal with, then. The 45.20 driver set "fixed" all my display problems with the FX5200 Ultra, and the 45.24 driver set has done the same, with improvements to graphics quality to boot! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Speedbird1

Hi Bill,Basically, it is the antialiasing problem.I do have a workaround by setting the AA is Riva Runer to 4x9tap.That is the only setting that will sort of work when accessing the menus in Full Screen Mode.I can get by at the moment, but the thing that annoys me is that we seem to be advised to "turn this down", and take this off and the end result is that you have to run a newer version of FS with half the quality that you had with the previous version which should not really be the answer.e.g I saw a post on Flightsim.com and someone mentioned about AA, the answer he got was to turn it totally off...Why do you have to do this and have to put up with inferior quality.I know may people will say, Fly in Windowed mode, but I never used to and why should people start doing so now.I call this "dumbing" down.If you have got a decent system and you used to run FS2002 in all its glory and I am not referring to weather now, as I do take into account that more horsepower is needed, but basic items such as menu displays and basic AA are the core part of any application.I have done a quick test by installing FS2002 again and I can run full AA settings without any display problems whatsoever, so this leads me to think that there may be an application error somewhere.Mini Specs.XP 2800 1gb DDR GFX5900