Sign in to follow this  
ck777

ATS Question

Hello,I'm pretty familiar with PMDG's 747 and purchased the MD-11 a couple of weeks ago. I've done both tutorials and have been looking at the manual. When I disconnect the autopilot on the 747, I still have the option to keep the autothrottle on. But, when I disconnect the autopilot (pressing down on AFS OVRD OFF) on the MD-11, it also disconnects the ATS. How can I keep the ATS on while the autoflight is off?I'm sure I've missed something in the manual but I've been having trouble with this one.Thanks for the helpChris K.

Chris B. Trane

Chris,Use the A/P disconnect switch on the Yoke and only the A/P will disengage. The A/T system should remain active until you click on the Instictive Disconnect on the side of the throttles.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

yes chris, as a matter of fact, under normal circumstances, you should NEVER use the AFS OVRD OFF switches.

Indeed, Boeing pilots can easily mistake AFS OVRD for standard disconect switches, AP dissconnect (map to a key for ease) will leave auto thottles on, double press to silence the alert.

Thanks all for the very helpful information. That is really good to know about the AFS OVRD!Cheers,Chris K.

Chris B. Trane

Guest mark5524

The autopilot is not supposed to be disconnected that way in the Boeing either... Should be done from the control wheel.Mark

Never heard of that regarding Boeings.
Marks correctRegards

Rob Prest