Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

how does this work?

Hi everyone, I just downloaded some new world of ai packages and I am not seeing them in fsx. I read about aifpc in the forums and I tried using it but the manual is so involved that I am more lost than before. Can someone tell me step by step how to use the program so I can see the world of ai traffic. It seems like an easy program to use but I have tried and tried and it just isn't working for me. I also checked the forums but I couldn't find a step by step instruction. I would really appreciate any help from you all, thank you.

Guest firehawk44
Hi everyone, I just downloaded some new world of ai packages and I am not seeing them in fsx. I read about aifpc in the forums and I tried using it but the manual is so involved that I am more lost than before. Can someone tell me step by step how to use the program so I can see the world of ai traffic. It seems like an easy program to use but I have tried and tried and it just isn't working for me. I also checked the forums but I couldn't find a step by step instruction. I would really appreciate any help from you all, thank you.
Perhaps this tutorial will help:
Best regards,Jim

If properly installed there is no need to do anything else with WOAI packages with third party utilities such as AIFP. (except as noted below).Are you sure you directed the installer to your FSX installation rather than a FS2004 location?If correctly installed, you should see the individual Traffic files (with the airlines in question as a part of the name) in your Scenery/World/scenery subfolder.Once you are actually "seeing" them in FSX, you should use the Traffic file conversion tool (on the file menu) of AIFP to convert the traffic files to FSX format. FSX will see and use FS2004 format Traffic files but unless they are converted, they will block the display of all FSX format Traffic files.Hope that helps.

yes that is the problem, I can download the packages into fsx fine and I do see the files in the scenery section but I need help converting the files because I use traffic x too and I know they can co exist together if I convert the files to fsx so I need the step by step instructions on how to use aifpc or if there is something else out there.By the way, my file menu on aifpc does not have the conversion tool.

If properly installed there is no need to do anything else with WOAI packages with third party utilities such as AIFP. (except as noted below).Are you sure you directed the installer to your FSX installation rather than a FS2004 location?If correctly installed, you should see the individual Traffic files (with the airlines in question as a part of the name) in your Scenery/World/scenery subfolder.Once you are actually "seeing" them in FSX, you should use the Traffic file conversion tool (on the file menu) of AIFP to convert the traffic files to FSX format. FSX will see and use FS2004 format Traffic files but unless they are converted, they will block the display of all FSX format Traffic files.Hope that helps.