Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

MoBo BIOS settings: need advice

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,can anyone please help?Just updated my MoBo (ASUS P4PE) BIOS from default 1001 to last 1006 and need help on some settings:1) Should Memory Turbo Mode be enabled or disabled?2) Should Video Memory Cache Mode be UC or USWC?Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

Guest Max Cowgill

Luigi, I am not familiar with your mobo so I can't comment on the second setting but the Memory Turbo mode should indeed be enabled if your RAM is fast enough to support it. So if you've got some PC3200 (or higher) RAM and you're not running more than a 200MHz FSB (800MHz effectively) you should be able to handle it. Same goes for PC2700 and a 133MHz (533MHz effective) FSB.You may want to check the manual that came with your mobo for advice on the second question. If you don't have a manual, try downloading a copy from Asus' website.hope this helps,-Max Cowgill

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Max,did a short flight test with Memory Turbo Mode enabled and FS9 freezed!!! enough to go back with old settings.Nothing seems to happen using USWC as Video Memory Cache Mode.I'll keep these settings.Thanks Luigi ;-)