Sign in to follow this  
MikeAdamo

ATI 9700 and 9800 Pro fix at Flightsim.com

I agree with all of the above -I don't have an ATI card; but read the article to see if it might provide any insight into the minor problems I experience with my FX5900. Half-way through, I shut down the browser in disgust. Normally I would have laughed my a** off; but I could only think of all the new users of Flight Simulator that would be wasting their time (and possibly frying their computer) following Cap's advice... not a good way to attract folks to the hobby! Flightsim's "reviews" have always been a little "fringe"; but Cap Mason needs to go back to making 'Dell Intern' commercials... it's obvious he doesn't know a thing about hardware tweaking.Regards,Marc

In my opinion some settings are bad, like:Move the AUTOGEN DENSITY slider to EXTREMELY DENSECheck GROUND SCENERY CASTS SHADOWSTARGET FRAME RATE slider to UNLIMITEDMIP MAPPING QUALITY slider to 8Turning on ANTI-ALIASING inside FSAnd it is not a fix, just one more personal config for ATI.Ulisses

Guest cw1011

Well, that site has a very prominent relationship with Dell - its hard sometimes to view their editorial content re. hardware as even remotely objective....Colin

I just got a Dell 17" E171FP FPD a month ago, and shimmering is just as bad, if not worse, compared to a CRT. In some ways it was hard getting used to my new monitor, because everything was so sharp compared to a CRT. Sounds kind of strange I know, but sometimes I actually prefer the slight bluriness of a CRT. Especially in a game, it can hide a lot of defects and smooth out jaggies a bit.