Sign in to follow this  
Chris Boyce

2004 scenery reloads during flights.

Hopefully someone can help on this. During flights from CYVR East over the mountains I have had a problem with 2004 always stopping and reloading the scenery just like it does at the initial loading of a flight. No add-on mesh has been added and have never experienced this with 2002. Did a complete install from the CD's and also tried express. Same results. Have searched the forums and no one has brought this problem up yet. It

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

HAD the same problem after doing some tweaking.I researched and tested.My problem was TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400Tweak.Once i did that tweak, i got the stop and go texture loadings..I went back to default of 40Texture Loading stoppages stopped.400 was too much...40 is not enough.I am currently on my way up now at 80, going 10 at a time till i get my first reload, then i will drop back 10.The problem is too much info going to the vid card memory, and it not being able to upload new textures quickly enough..i guess.But thats what my problem was.Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the reply, My seeting for the bandwidth was at the default 40 , I will try some of the changes you suggest. My card should handle this ATI9000 128meg but who knows. Thanks Chris

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

Happening to me as well flying east from CYCD (Nanaimo)Only place it's happened so far, but every time.No answer to it.Pete

Hi Pete, Yes its weird.Always on my way to CYYC or CYEG from CYVR. Happens in the area of IWACK on J534 enroute to CYYC and on J486 when flying towards LYTON for the YEG flights. Hope there is a solution its annoying. Glad to see I'm not loosing my mind and others have noticed it. Thanks Chris

ChrisSame thing happens to me when flying YYC or YEG to YVR.. havent had a chance to verify this but it seems to occur when there is a time/texture change..ie going from day to dusk or dusk to night.Hopefully someone can tell us whats going on.CheersRod

Hello,I have the same problem, I have the feeling it happens when flying from land to water or return, when I fly close to the seaside.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64