Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoung

FSD - Support

Guest iandavid

A message for all you wingers and moaners.I needed to update my Seneca V to FS9 but couldn't get the migration tool to work. After all else failed -"I read the FAQ section!!!" and realised I needed the original download. You guessed! I couldn't find it. I filled out the request form for a replacement file and within 5 minutes Steve Small had emailed me back with the link for the FS9 installer which I downloaded.Superb service. It would have been so easy to blast off at FSD immediately I hit a problem, problems which were in general of my making. I respect their difficulties with piracy and in no way does it inconvenience anyone if the developer responds in the manner Steve did.Paul Gardner:-)

Hey Guys, Just wanted to second the above post. FSD is a class act, not only do they make great 3rd party planes, they also do a great job with customer support. What few problems I've had they have responded quickly.mouse

Guest SlimDady

im trying to figure it out now..I dont have fs2002 installed anymore.. it appears with this patch thing u have to have the plane installed in 2002 and then it like fixes it for 2004..well the way i have it is its installed to 2004, it runs fairly fine.. but because i dont have 2002 i cant update it proper..i dont like this method much.. unless im doing this wrong

Guest iandavid

You need the your original download file from FSD which you then valididate with your key - see FAQ's on FSD site. This installs a complete Seneca in FS9 without the need for 2002. If you can't find your original file, request a new one from FSD on the files & installation page.Paul Gardner

Guest A321

Well just FYI i have send FSD numerous emails asking for my FSD Commander License to be rest so i can install it and i havent heard a bean back from them. so we will go in to the 3rd day and see how far i get. And Yes I have remained polite, but how long am i expected to wait.

Guest Boone

Their service is direct, personal and fast. Second to none in my opinion!Regards,Boone

Guest anthonye

You must be the only one's then !Read other forums

It is plain that you have either not read the previous posts in this thread or you are selective in your assessment of other forums.FSD will always respond ina curteous manner up to and even beyond the time that I and many others would have given up in exasperation. However they will not and should not tolerate abuse and will firmly but politely suggest an alternative course of action.If you have actual evidence of their wrongdoing in this area, why don't you put it up for us to see rather than make to wholly ridiculous statement like "You must be the only one's then !".In the hope you are more balanced in your assessments in the future,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Pentium IV 3.0GHz (800FSB) Socket 478 pins CPU w/Hyper-Thread Technology MSI 875P NEO FIS2R, AGP 8X, i875P ICH5R Chipset with Gigiabit LanKingmax 512MB PC3200 Double Data Rate (DDR) RAM CAS-2.5- 400MHz Rated x 2BUILT By ATI (Original) Radeon 9800PRO w/TV Out & DVI 128Meg DDRTEAC DV-W50E, 4x DVD-R/ 2x RW, 16xCD-R, 8xCD-RW, 16xDVD, 32x CD-ROM Internal Drive Only Western Digital Raptor 36.0GB HDD IDE, 8MB Cache, 5.2ms, 10,000rpm , S-ATA, w/DataLifeguard WD 40Gig HD for dataATX 470W Pentium IV Power Supply CESkyhawk Jupiter Aluminum CaseHyundai -ImageQuest P910 , 19" Multi-Scan Digital MonitorHercules Game Theater XP, 6.1 speakers Dolby

No they're not the only ones. I have all FSD's products and through stupidity or new hardware have needed to contact them on more than one occasion to get download links and/or replacement keys.Tim & Steve have always come back very speedily and without any problem whatsoever.

I had various problems ( actually yesterdaty and the day before ) and three times I got a reply within hours compleet with new downloads links etc... I am not sure if FSD could not simplify their (install)process somehow but they more then compensate with their service..maybe something wrong with yr email box ? b rdgs Dick

Guest anthonye

OH, I see you are from Australia, have a look at the comments regaring the "FSUIPC needed or not" at Peter Dowson's site, even a well known producer of software for the FS community has made a comment there defending Peter. And If you think that them being critical of Peter Dowson is good, then there is no answer to you.

Guest Boone

Chris Porter - Thank you for taking the time to respond for me. I couldn't have put it any better myself. It amazes me how many ignorant posts are submitted on this forum by members just dying to get their digs in. Obviously 'Anthonye' has never purchased anything from FSD.Regards,Boone

Guest anthonye

One more comment like that sir and you posting days at Avsim will be over.Keep it civil!EDIT: JP SandifordForum Moderator

Guest anthonye

>Chris Porter - Thank you for taking the time to respond for>me. I couldn't have put it any better myself. >>It amazes me how many ignorant posts are submitted on this>forum by members just dying to get their digs in. Obviously>'Anthonye' has never purchased anything from FSD.>>Regards,>>BooneYes 3 aircraft purchased from them...........SenecaCommander + gmax upgradeCheyenne + gmax upgrade

I e-mailed FSD so I could reinstall the Seneca and after sending was informed to expect an answer in 24 to 48 hrs.I had a response and a solution within 5 minutes !!!Hats off to FSD for their support !!A more than satisfied customer.Craig Evans