Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

AGP acceleration "NOT AVAILABLE": what does this mean? (PIC)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends. I checked MoBo BIOS and AGP 4X is there (default set in my ASUS P4PE). Now i ask: what should i do to restore AGP acceleration? Should i reinstall DX9b or perhaps i need anything else? My OS is now Windows XPThanks in advanceLuigi ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/30441.jpg

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Dirk,my settings are similar; but cannot see anywhere a setting for enabling AGP. Can you see in red ellipse PCI modality??? What does this mean??? My TI4200 is into AGP slot.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/30447.jpgFurther, how did you get your TI4200 go to 8X? ThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest Skedflyer

You must have a motherboard that is AGP8 enabled to be able to set it to 8x.But unless it's a new gerneration card like 5800, or 9800 you won't see a change.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

My MoBo (ASUS P4PE) only show AGP 4X and so i'll never get 8X, understood.On the other side what i (my PC) was missing was the Intel chipset inf Update Program that i've found on the ASUS CD. Now all is OK.Thanks for helpingLuigi ;-)

Darn, you beat me to the answer! You might visit www.intel.com for newer drivers for your mobo.W. Sieffert