Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Two questions

Hi!Got two more questions:1. What does the BTH, MKR, DME and ADF buttons in the radio stack do?2. Is there a way to have Active Camera 2004 always start with a previously saved acv-file so you don't have to load it manually everytime you start a new flight?TIA,Richard

Richard Åsberg

Guest emergency_pants

Hi Richard. Sorry... I can't answer your second Question.The buttons on your radio stack are audio buttons.You can choose to hear either Comm1, Comm2 or both simultaneously, through your headset. If you click 'both' you will hear Comm1 and Comm2 together.The MKR button allows you to hear marker signals through your headset. they are lengthy beeeep sounds that signify that you are flying over an airfield marker.DME and ADF buttons allow you to hear the morse code identifier for the VOR or ADF that you are tuned into with your Nav1/Nav2/ADF radios. e.g. This enables you to tune your radio to a VOR/DME, turn on audio for that VOR/DME and then compare the morse code signal to that which would be on a map or other reference sheet. It allows you to double-check that you are tuned into the correct VOR/ADF.I often click DME or ADF on if I tune while out of its range. When I fly in range, I can hear it and I know I can begin to use it.Be patient when you click an ADF/DME audio button. there's a gap of several seconds between morse code repeats.Hope that helps, Simon.

In addition to Simon's reply regarding the COM buttons:- activate the BTH to hear on both channels- now you can change with the usual COM1/2 buttons on which channel you wish to transmit (while still receiving on both channels). :)

Guest daveg4otu

ADF= Airborne Direction FindingDME= Distance Measuring EquipmentMKR =Marker(Inner or Outer)