Sign in to follow this  
Guest lmoelleb

ATC recognized callsigns

Hi!Is there somewhere you can check what ATC callsigns are recognized by the ATC in FS9 and how they should be spelled?TIA,Richard

Richard Åsberg

Guest lmoelleb

Besides Southwest and Balkan, it's more or less the same as FS2002. You might have heard of wastely improved callsigns - well, those people claiming it tend to back off when you ask WHICH callsigns they are talking about.Anyway, I posted a full list somewhere on the ultimate traffic forums a while back, and have seen it - or a similar created list - repeated a number of places). I am still working on the updated version of EditVoicepack so you can get any airline callsign you want. Expect it to be released sometime between tomorrow and Christmas (without any specification of the year obviously). :)

OK, just have to try find that list then...I just started playing with AI traffic (lots of fun!!) and of course it's nice to have the ATC call all my new AI planes by their real callsigns, but I found that can be a tricky one! For instance, the ATC recognize Fed Ex but not Fedex and Speed Bird but not Speedbird...Haven't tried EditVoicepack but read about it and know what it is. But I'm still wondering...where in FS are the standard callsigns that ATC recognize "out of the box" defined?Best regards,Richard

Richard Åsberg

Guest WorkingStiff

>>But I'm still wondering...where in FS are the standard callsigns that ATC recognize "out of the box" defined?<

Hi!I know of the airlines.cfg file, but the callsigns in that file aren't the only callsigns ATC recognizes since you can put in new callsigns that ATC recognizes. What I would like to know is if there is somewhere else you can find ALL the callsigns ATC recognizes out of the box.Thanks anyway,Richard

Richard Åsberg

Guest CargoMun

Well you can always do like me and use the one from FS2002.Im attaching the one Im using. Not all work (without use of voicepack wich i dont know if works in FS9) but quite alot of them do.Just copy the stuff from it into ur airlines.cfg or rename it to airlines.cfg all together :)

Guest WorkingStiff

I'm guessing that the only way to know for sure is to decompile the voice files. I think that was what Lars Moellberg(lmoelleb), the creator of Edit VoicePack, was hinting at in the first reply of this thread.You can certainly find out more by reading the Edit VoicePack documentation at http://bevelstone.xs4all.nl/flightsimulator/EditVoicepack/

Already have a similar file with LOTS of callsigns, but thanks anyway :-)!/Richard

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the tip! This EditVoicepack seems to be a great program, looking forward to the FS9-compatible version of it!Richard

Richard Åsberg

Guest lmoelleb

>>>But I'm still wondering...where in FS are the standard>callsigns that ATC recognize "out of the box" defined?<<>>In the airlines.cfg file (a simple text file) stored in the>/aircraft folder.Nope, airlines.cfg is a file I generally recommend you use for storing your shopping list, or a letter to your grand mother - Flight Simulator ATC will never ever read the file, so it does not matter. It is only used to populate the dropdown list in the GUI where you can manually select callsign for your own plane. But if you have the callsigns setup currectly in each aircraft.cfg file, there is no need to use the GUI to change it.If you go into your SOUND directory, look for the biggest file around - that's the file you are looking for, but it requires decompilatation before you can see anything usefull.