Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Photo-Scenery AND Autogen?

A newly-released commercial product which has started adding tree autogen to the UK photo scenery.http://earthsimulations.com/volume1_south-2.htmlI don't have it, but it looks quite nice in that they seem to have got the trees at the right scale. I can't stand the regular autogen trees and buildings because they look such a silly size.

Petraeus

I use Treescapes UK in combination with the Horizon VFR Generation X Version 2 photographic scenery, and the VFR Airfields packages by Gary Summons. The result is a stunningly realistic rendition of England and Wales that now has that extra "3D feel" to it. It is amazing how much of a difference those trees have made to the approaches at many airfields. Where before I had a clear run in to a small airfield, I might now have a large group of trees just short of the runway threshold......right where they are supposed to be!This package has increased my enjoyment of FSX to a considerable extent, and is highly recommended.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ha, funny, I just received an email about that Treescape addon for Horizon's VFR. Looks neat! Still can't compete with Orbx stuff, but it sure is better than default 'autogenless' photoreal! Still, it's another 15 British pounds and only for the first (southern) region. Getting all three volumes covered will cost more than the whole of PNW on its own.EDITBTW it's very clever of them to only show screenshots of rural area's... there isn't a house in sight! Obviously those area's look best (even without autogen).