Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

New Official NVIDIA drivers!

i just dl'd them, and installed. they work just fine for me, the 2d panel shows up and I have my Geforce FX 5200 ultra 128MB with AA at 4xs and my AF 8x!

Hi GuysWhat we should take on board is that it is not only fs9 that has problems. I notice from posts over the years, that we are to ready to blame nvidia or ATI or whatever. I am sure that nvidia etc. do their best to have quality drivers for their products but if the product has built in problems due to shoddy programming or what have you, then it is unfair to blame the card.We all know how games have improved over time and it it is logical to assume that in pushing out the boundaries, particularly if the emerging rules are not followed by the games developers, then problems will occur. This is no different from any development that is knocking on new technologies door....you will meet unexpected problems which take time to solve and then we move on.This is the price that we pay to see our favorite flight sim become better with each release! Just my 2 pennyworth.

That issue with things being surrounded by black boxes is caused by the "Texture Sharpening" checkbox on the AntiAliasing page in the Detonator settings - uncheck it.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest PaulL01

>That issue with things being surrounded by black boxes is>caused by the "Texture Sharpening" checkbox on the>AntiAliasing page in the Detonator settings - uncheck it.>>RyanHi Ryan,Perhaps, but that sounds strange as that box only doubles what ever Aniso setting you have. if you 4xAF it will now be 8xAF, however if you have 8xAF selected and the sharpening checked it will stay at 8xAF.Usually the boxes apear when Bilinear or Trylinear filtering is turned off or not working so you are on to something I think."Strange" -So whats new with FS9 issues? Sigh...Patiance it Will all get worked out, But it sure seems with all the beta testing that went on that someone sure dropped the ball.Musnot......musnot fi.....

I've got "Texture Sharpening Checked" and have no black boxes anywhere except in the Create a Flight menu in full screen mode.New 45.23's are a big step forward - no lockups or squirreliness other than the above-mentioned...

Guest Outer Marker

I can't share enthusiasm for these new drivers. I installed as normal, got no warning that the drivers were unsigned (good becuase NVIDIA says they are WHQL certified). Reboot takes 5 minutes. After which I get an infinite loop error when the desktop loads. I was using RivaTuner (which does not support these new drivers by the way) so I unloaded the bootstrap driver. This madethings even worse... no boot at all.Went into safe mode and uninstalled the drivers. Re-installed the old ones. Stability is questionable at best. I am seeing a complete system reload on the horizon. Bugger!

Guest Jim Burke

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I installed the new official Nvidia drivers and the whole program smoothed out. I never had a problem with the 2D panels not showing up with the 44.3 drivers, just couldn't see anything but the a/c when going to Select a Flight. The newest drivers have smoothed out the whole sim. The "Select a Flight" problem is fixed. I have AA on at 4X (I think...I'm at work now). I had massive amounts of "shimmering", now it is very minute and I'm still playing with the sliders. Scenery & autogen is at "very dense", clouds at 30% and AI traffic at 50%. Can't remember the other settings. The frames are locked at 26 and I'm getting an average of 15 to 18 at KORD and everything is smooth. I have a P4 2.02 gz processor, 512 DDR, FX5200 128 mg video card that I just purchased. I could have afforded a more expensive card but could not rationalize when it works great for 2002 & 2004. Anyway the new drivers made a world of difference on my machine.