Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Flash Across Screen When Landing- Anyone Else?

Guest product

All,I've noticed a consistent apparent bug in FS9, which I've now tested at a few airports in South Florida. Just before touchdown, pretty much as I cross the threshold, a thin white horizontal line flashes across the screen and disappears in a fraction of a second. Happens every time, every runway.I'm running an ATI 9700, but can't imagine this is a video card/driver issue. Anyone else notice this little glitch?Best,Joel

Guest TerryT

Joel, I had a similar line extending left from the overhead panel in the 737 when landing at KTPA (Tampa). I have a Ti 4600 Nvidia card so I would imagine that it is the FS9 scenery files that are causing the problem.Terry

Guest product

Strange glitch, surprised it wasn't caught very early.Joel

Got it here too, although its to varying degrees, almost imperceptable here. GF4Ti4200 WIN98se P4.Hornit

Joel, could it be that you are seeing the landing lights bar passing underneath? Use the "y" key to slowly move back and see if you can identify this "thin line". The light bar is just before the threshold..I've noticed this new feature at quite a lot of airports..

Bert

Guest product

Hmm, interesting thought but as such a quick flash it really does look like some kind of strange video artifact. I'll try slewing and see though... also, interesting that you don't see it when in "instant replay"...Joel

>Joel, could it be that you are seeing the landing lights bar>passing underneath? Use the "y" key to slowly move back and>see if you can identify this "thin line". The light bar is>just before the threshold..>>I've noticed this new feature at quite a lot of airports..Also some airports have rotating beacons, I get that flash near touch down especially flying dawn/dusk times.Bill

I'm don't know if this is related or noot but I've started having the "loading scenery" screen pop up for aobut a half second or less occasionally. I've been flying up through Alaska for the past few days and it did it when approaching Juneau and also when departing Anchorage. It's happened a couple of other places during this trip but I don't remember where. Don't recall this happening in the lower 48.I'm using the ATI 9800 video card.

Guest hassata

Is this time related? Could it be the beacon effect?Any guidence would be appreciated.

Guest product

I've tested the "flash' at many airports, its not a beacon or anything other than a graphics glitch as far as I can tell. Very annoying but not a deal breaker.I just scratch my head about all the little issues- none of them big on their own, but which in aggregate make me wish for a patch that probably won't ever arrive. Surely the Microsoft people had to see these things as release date neared if users can spot them within a week or two of loading it onto their systems.