Sign in to follow this  
eppright

"Airport Wizard" and uploads

I am close to reuploading Kansas City scenery with some improvements and modifications. I have a registered copy of Airport Wizard and have added some ramp lighting to the scenery. I packaged it and installed it on another computer and the ramp lighting does not show. I downloaded the AW demo and installed on the second computer but no improvements. Any ideas?Mike (KICT)

Guest NoNewMessages

When you installed the files on the second computer with the demo package, did you install into the scenery folders made by Airport Wizard on another folder?Did you install the BGL file and the .DAT file or just the BGL file?

When you installed the files on the second computer with the demo package, did you install into the scenery folders made by Airport Wizard on another folder?Did you install the BGL file and the .DAT file or just the BGL file?
I have searched and don't find a .DAT file just BGL files. Where and what am I looking for?Mike

Guest NoNewMessages
I have searched and don't find a .DAT file just BGL files. Where and what am I looking for?Mike
Humm, sounds like Windows is protecting you from yourself? Here is my active scenery layer location for Airport Wizard. Within the scenery folder underneath are the BGL files, along with the .DAT files and Airport Wizard's texture files. Pretty sure Windows considers .DAT files to be "system" related, so you probably need to go in and tell Windows to show those files. For each airport that you enhance there will be a BGL file and a .DAT file. The .DAT file is for Airport Wizard to recognize as an enhanced file. Both the BGL and .DAT file are needed for redistribution and are the only files that can be redistributed.C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FlightSimTools.com\Airport Wizard\scenery_FSX

Humm, sounds like Windows is protecting you from yourself? Here is my active scenery layer location for Airport Wizard. Within the scenery folder underneath are the BGL files, along with the .DAT files and Airport Wizard's texture files. Pretty sure Windows considers .DAT files to be "system" related, so you probably need to go in and tell Windows to show those files. For each airport that you enhance there will be a BGL file and a .DAT file. The .DAT file is for Airport Wizard to recognize as an enhanced file. Both the BGL and .DAT file are needed for redistribution and are the only files that can be redistributed.C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FlightSimTools.com\Airport Wizard\scenery_FSX
Windows is on my sxxx list. I cannot access C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FlightSimTools.com\Airport Wizard\scenery_FSX . I have tried to change various security and access issues with no success. Suggestions :( Mike

Guest NoNewMessages

XP, Vista or Win7?I'm still plugging along on XP, though I have a Win7 that I did an install with for a couple of days. Thought it might cure a system problem that turned out to be something else. In XP and probably the later versions is the ability under Tools | Folder Options to display protected files and folders, along with showing known file extensions.The other option might be to do a search within Windows for all files ending with DAT, (*.DAT) and see if it shows any in the \Documents and Settings folders.

XP, Vista or Win7?I'm still plugging along on XP, though I have a Win7 that I did an install with for a couple of days. Thought it might cure a system problem that turned out to be something else. In XP and probably the later versions is the ability under Tools | Folder Options to display protected files and folders, along with showing known file extensions.The other option might be to do a search within Windows for all files ending with DAT, (*.DAT) and see if it shows any in the \Documents and Settings folders.
Vista, if I found a file doing a search, and I don't have access to that directory, I'm still stuck.Mike

Vista, if I found a file doing a search, and I don't have access to that directory, I'm still stuck.Mike
OK, a bit of progress. In Vista the MKC_AirportWizard.DAT and MKC_AirportWizard.BGL files were in \ProgramData\FlightSimTools.com\AirportWizard\Scenery_FSX\Scenery. I'm still trying to place appropriately in XP so they work. No luck so far. Thanks for all suggestions.Mike