Sign in to follow this  

Which payware twin for FS2004?

Hi everyone,I'm looking to add a decent twin to the hangar. I understand there's a few choices and these are the ones I'm aware ofFSD: Piper Cheyenne Piper SenecaFlight 1: 421 Golden EagleDreamfleet: Cessna 310Also, do any of them feature damage modeling if you don't operate the engines properly?What do you guys recommend?Thanks in advance,Craig

Guest anthonye

Dreamfleet: Cessna 310 has got to be the best, goes straight into FS2004 as the installer has option for FS2002 and Fs2004.Don't know about the damage question thoughAnthony

I'm using both the 421 and the 310.Both are magnificent machines, the 421 being my main travelling machine and the 310 for when I need a bit more speed.421 isn't yet fully 2004 compatible, update is currently in beta (a temporary hack can get it to work without the custom GPS).AFAIK only the FSD ones have damage modelling for the engines, but I don't have those so 1) I don't know if they do and 2) I don't know if it works in FS2004 if they do.If you like travelling in extreme comfort (leather reclining seats, onboard fridge, pressurised cabin, etc. etc.) go for the 421.If you like something a bit more spiffy but less comfort and range the 310 is a good choice.I also like the looks of the 421 better.

Guest cw1011

I don't have the golden eagle, I do have the 310 which is terrific. You can't go wrong and it flies like a dream in 2004.Colin

Guest anthonye

Got to agree with Colin here, also their forum is good with Lou answering problems when needed.Although Flight1 are good on their forum as well.Anthony

Guest oyvindhansen

I'd go for the Cheyenne. It probably has the best turboprop flight model out there and is great fun to fly. I also have the Seneca and the 421, but i prefer the speed and power of the Cheyenne. If you have Reality XP avionics it can easily be set up to use those in the load manager.- Oyvind

Cheyenne isn't a prop of course, it's a turboprop :-lolTechnicality I know, but it was the original reason I got the 421 (I wanted aspirating engines, not turbines).

I have them all! They are all very good. The cool thing about the Cessna 421 is it is expected to be updated with a patch for FS9 very soon. The others are already compatible and ready to go. All three work very well in FS9 and are impressive. You won't be disapointed with either choice. Like I said I ended up buying them all.

HiHere`s where you can find a superb twin.I don`t know if this is the sort of thing you are looking for but I think it`s the best freeware package I`ve ever seen for 2002www.flightsimonline.com/commanderYou can find the files right here on Avsim.As for payware I like the FSD SenecaV.Best RegardsTed

Guest anthonye

Ted, Yes they have just realeased the FS2004 version, just downloaded it, the FS2002 was great. Agree the best Frewware twin!, hope it's as good in FS2004Anthony....

Guest UweR

Hi, to try to award the "best freeware package seal" is calling for locked threads... :-)Speaking of twins, one of the finalists would have to be Roy Chaffin

Uwe"Hi, to try to award the "best freeware package seal" is calling for locked threads... "LMAO,Yep know what you mean.I thought I`d mention it as there are great folks out there that toil every bit as hard as the payware guys and give so freely to us.I thought I`d mention that it was around not because it was free but because it`s just so good.I`m really surprised it was`nt mentioned more often in the forums.I guess now the hounds will start to howl.;)Best RegardsTed