Sign in to follow this  
Carob

AFCAD & FS2004

Does anyone know if a version of AFCAD that is compatible with FS2004 will be released?From what I understand the parking situation in FS2004 is still quite limited.Thanks very much!

Guest CargoMun

It will be available sometime in October I believe. We'll have to deal with the limited parking/landing options until then im afraid.It will be worth the wait though. Ability to edit parking and scenery directly i.e. making new runways (i think), taxiways, and parking spots with taxilines will be great improvement :)Hope this helps..

Propably he meant that all runways might not be in use, or when using addon scenery, runways might not be in the same location as default, causing AI traffic to land somewhere off the runway.

I'm waiting for it as well.Lee Swordy has released TTools V.2 which now works with both FS2002 and FS2004.In the manual he refers to AFCAD 2 but says nothing about it.I intend to write to him to ask how he is getting on with it, because we are all waiting for it.He does a great job, and we all owe him a great vote of thanks.David Hanstater

Guest Coneman

Wow, it's being re-built from the ground up and will remain freeware. How interesting. Thank you Lee!!! If you ran for Governor of California, I'd vote for ya :-)Todd

I've never heard of fsgateway. They've sure got a scoop on the new AFCAD. It looks terrific!I suppose we'll have to wait patiently till October.David HanstaTER

Guest Steve K

Yeah, same here and I live in WYOMING!

Guest CargoMun

>What do you mean by limited landing options?Well what I actually meant is that same runways are still used for both takeoff and landing although it happens on multiple runways in use at once.For some odd reason MS didnt opt for making planes use seperate takeoff and landing runways STILL. Only difference is that it now is happening on several runways at once :)

>...I suppose we'll have to wait patiently till October.>David HanstaTERAre we there yet??? Are we there yet??? Are we there yet??? Are we there yet??? Are we there yet??? Are we there yet??? Are we there yet???.....

I'm not a techie, but I believe that the current position is as follows:-I know how you feel. But it's not just AFCAD. For FS2004 Microsoft have changed the system for embedding airport information which in FS2002 was stored in AFD files. As I understand it, this means that none of the scenery design programs which used these files will work completely in FS2004. For example, new airports will not show in 'Goto Airport' and ATC will not recognise them, although visually they will show in FS, so it will be possible to fly in and out of them - if you can find them - and no ATC. In fact some have already appeared. Scenery can be added to existing airfields, but repositioning runways is problematic at present.It's only a matter of time before it's sorted out, probably with an SDK. I imagine that when AFCAD 2 is ready the other scenery freeware design programs like FSSC and Airport will also be updated, as they will be using the same information.David H

More info:-Try the following URL, which gives the authoritative position:-http://www.fsgateway.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_I...The+Editor+HereIt looks absolutely fantastic!!David H>>...I suppose we'll have to wait patiently till October.>>David Hanstater>>Are we there yet??? Are we there yet??? Are we there yet??? >Are we there yet??? Are we there yet??? Are we there yet??? >Are we there yet???.....