Sign in to follow this  
Guest bratonabike

TCAS displayes offscale traffic

Guest bratonabike

hi guys, does anyone know what offscale traffic means? my tcas was flashing those words on my ND every 3 minutes or so in redcheers.

It means you have conflicting traffic but your have set your ND range too low to see it.Regards

Rob Prest

Guest bratonabike
It means you have conflicting traffic but your have set your ND range too low to see it.Regards
thanks man, what do u mean by conflicting traffic?

Guest bratonabike
Planes that might potentially crash on you (or you on them depending on the perspective)... :( Have a look here!
oh ok fair enough, but there wasnt any traffic when i flew that flight :(

What exactly do you mean by this? That you had all AI traffic disabled or that you couldn't see any?If its the former then it's a bit weird, but if it was the latter then no problem. Don't think it's always easy to visually spot other planes, even during the night.A real pilot can tell us!

George Golas

----------------------

I hate gravity!

Guest bratonabike
What exactly do you mean by this? That you had all AI traffic disabled or that you couldn't see any?If its the former then it's a bit weird, but if it was the latter then no problem. Don't think it's always easy to visually spot other planes, even during the night.A real pilot can tell us!
ooh yea i had AI traffic enabled, justs didnt see it, thanks for the help. so the PMDG 744 can display AI on the ND?

In the PMDG menu there's an option "display all traffic", which -if checked- will show any other plane within the ND range. If un-checked, it'll display only potential threats (which is the case in reality).If you haven't done so, please read the manual. Sounds boring, I know, but you'll learn a lot. Besides, reading is necessary if you wanna become a real pilot (as you mention in another thread) and English is your mother tongue so it's not a big deal. Imagine non-English speaking people (like me) that have to read and understand all these things!!! Believe me it's worth the effort!Happy landings!

George Golas

----------------------

I hate gravity!

Guest bratonabike
In the PMDG menu there's an option "display all traffic", which -if checked- will show any other plane within the ND range. If un-checked, it'll display only potential threats (which is the case in reality).If you haven't done so, please read the manual. Sounds boring, I know, but you'll learn a lot. Besides, reading is necessary if you wanna become a real pilot (as you mention in another thread) and English is your mother tongue so it's not a big deal. Imagine non-English speaking people (like me) that have to read and understand all these things!!! Believe me it's worth the effort!Happy landings!
ah yea i see it, thanks heaps george.yea i have a 400 page manuel sitting right next to me, but i only use the procedures and fmc chapeters so far, i havent had time to read it all. if you can type in english this well to the point where i can accuratly find things over ur guidence then ur all set for english :(

Guest chrism2010

I found out that if you have FS Passengers X installed, the TCAS will still work but it won't show any traffic. I had that problem for a while than I uninstalled FS Passengers and I found that the TCAS was working.