Sign in to follow this  
Guest Panda_Power

Where to find most current SID/STAR data for 747-400

Guest Panda_Power

Hello,I recently bought the 747-400 and in one the manuals that came with it, the FMCS manual, it says, "you can download most current SID/STAR data from the downloads page at www.precisionmanuals.com"I've had a look through the various download pages, but I can't see any SIDS/STARS files to download. Is this no longer available? Can I get the most current data from anywhere else in one file?I'm loving this amazing machine by the way!! :( Thanks,Mark Amy

First, there are two updates to be performed.1. The update that includes the new waypoints,2. The update that has the updated jet-route and victor-route points, and updated SID/STARS.One of these you find at NavData.com (for a fee), the other is a link in one of the manuals (FMC operations I believe) and you can get it for free.Eric

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Guest Panda_Power

Thanks for your reply Eric!I've got the latest AIRAC cycle 1007, but it's the other one I'm having trouble finding.There's a link in the manuals to planepath.com which has terminal procedures for the US, UK, Ireland & Scotland....is that the SIDS/STARS file I need?What about SIDS/STARS for Europe and the rest of the world?Thanks,Mark Amy

The Navdata is available at www.navigraph.com for a small fee - currently airac 1007.This would contain all the latest sidstars - I would also get, in addition, the latest one from www.planepath.com then go to the AVSIM library and get Dan Downs 1007 file and overwrite the files in the sidstar folder in fsx/pmdg. Dan's files have links to about 66 airports in the US without ending in vectors.Please make sure all files have the same airac code though - all 1007, don't mix and match as it'll end in tears lol.John Ellison

Guest Panda_Power

Ok thanks! If Airac 1007 contains everything then I think I'll just stick with that otherwise I'm bound to go and mess up my sids/stars folder!Mark Amy