Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

DC-8 = Experimental?

Hi, what settings do I need to have in my aircraft config file for SOCAL departure (for example) to call me a Douglas or McDonnell Douglas DC-8....it always calls me an experimental.Thanks,BillThis is what I have for all my eights:atc_type=Douglasatc_model=DC8

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest bones

Douglas isn't on the list supplied with FS. The nearest you can use is atc_type=MCDONNELDOUGLAS (all one word)or you can use atc_type=none for FS to skip that bit and just call you a DC8.boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Hmm, it works for FFX DC-10 which they have as:atc_type=MCDONNELDOUGLASatc_model=DC10So I just copied that over to the dc-8 from HJG and replaced the DC10 to DC8Still nothing....Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Ok, here it is:I replaced the following on the DC-8 to see what ATC calls me and here are the results:atc_type=MCDONNELDOUGLASatc_model=DC10..............works fineatc_type=MCDONNELDOUGLASatc_model=DC9...............works fineatc_type=MCDONNELDOUGLASatc_model=DC8...............nothingatc_type=MCDONNELDOUGLASatc_model=DC7...............works fineLooks like MS forgot about the eights...Regards,Bill

Guest Martin

The atc_model should be either DC85 or DC86 (for DC-8 Series 50 and Series 60).Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Thank you...it works.Bill