Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

PanelAsTexture=2

Many of the high power cards in "display.cfg" have this added. I've tried it and can't tell much difference (FX5900 + 45.23 drivers).Any ideas?

Microsoft changed handling of 2-d panel bitmaps to use of AGP texture memory in FS2004.PanelAsTexture=0 reverts to the "old way" of handling panel bitmaps (and I see a performance improvement of 2-3 fps). But...use of FS2004's AA with this option set to zero will sometimes cause the 2-d panels to disappear. I've found if I force AA via the video card and turn off FS2004's default AA, I can set this option to zero and gain a slight edge in performance. But...that introduces another problem, in that screen prints can only be done in windowed mode.I never bothered to try the "driver shuffle". I sense the panel handling may be related to problems with panels vanishing in 2-d mode with AA enabled. That's why I've suggested that the FX users try "PanelAsTexture=1" in the display sections of their FS9.cfg. It may be that the display.cfg is picking up their cards and disabling it, or doing other odd things to it.-John

Thank you, John:I took W. Siefert's (I hope I'm not mis-spelling his name) advice and added the FX5900 card to the display.cfg file. I also found that the card id # as well as the driver file can be obtained from dxdiag output.As far as I can tell, non Quadro cards beyond the FX5200 are not listed. I'll try "PanelAsTexture=1". I'll try to test framerates with "0", "1" and "2" set and see if there are any major differences.

Guest SlimDady

This must be why i notive i bigger hit on fps in 2d panel mode then i did in fs2002.. i assumed it was just because of faster guage update. U would think accelerating it would make better fps